Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

On 06/08/2021 at 10:35, tomav84 said:

congratulations. best decision you'll ever make

only problem is that you'll soon realise one is just not enough.

Orange male cats are special. They are really loving and emotional. Enjoy him!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 01:29, maqroll said:

When I grew up I had an orange female cat called Tiggy and she was really loving and emotional too. 😻🐱🐈 

• Like 1

On 10/08/2021 at 17:29, maqroll said:

2 minutes ago, robby b said:

When I grew up I had an orange female cat called Tiggy and she was really loving and emotional too

We inherited a male ginger called Tiggy! Can't say he was affectionate ... more of a friendly indifferent.
Two things I could say about him:

1. He was never late for feeding
  2. He liked being around people but not necessarily with them. I would say he only sat in my lap once, perhaps twice in the four years he was with us.

He stepped outside one night last December and never came back in, I suspect a big cat got him. Perhaps a coyote?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

We inherited a male ginger called Tiggy! Can't say he was affectionate ... more of a friendly indifferent.

2. He liked being around people but not necessarily with them. I would say he only sat in my lap once, perhaps twice in the four years he was with us.

He stepped outside one night last December and never came back in, I suspect a big cat got him. Perhaps a coyote?

Blimey, I guess you don't live in England! BC, is that British Colombia?  🇨🇦 

17 minutes ago, robby b said:

Blimey, I guess you don't live in England! BC, is that British Colombia?  🇨🇦 

Yep ... the woody bit ... sort of in between Vancouver and Calgary ... near the US border.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, robby b said:

When I grew up I had an orange female cat called Tiggy and she was really loving and emotional too. 😻🐱🐈 

Nice. Orange females are rare. I think it's something like 80/20 to the boys. Nobody knows why.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I had an orange cat as a kid. He just showed up one day and moved in. Then he moved in to our neighbors place. He was a wanderer. Yours may have just found a new home.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Yours may have just found a new home.

Possibly ... I hope so, but it's not uncommon here to loose a cat. Other cat hazards include racoons. But Tiggy was never late for dinner so to speak.

But thanks.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2021 at 05:57, rjw63 said:

Excellent.

I've taught our ginger to sit (for treats) but I wouldn't have the patience to teach him anything else.

Our cat "Poppit" ( my avatar, she is a Burmese ) we have taught her that when we get her food bowl ready we say "sit" and she sits then before putting the bowl down,we say "what do you say" and she meows. 

• Like 1

Bit of a long shot - but does anyone (or know of anyone) who owns a small holding/farm that needs a couple of rat catchers? My partner & I have a few ferals in our garden that we look after (they're neutered and in good health). They're used to humans but will stay at arm's length so will only need a bowl of food a day and are pretty self-sufficient other than that. We've relocated a couple ferals before with good success. I can help with the relocation process of them too. PM me if you can help.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm embroiled in a feud with a local cat. I've never seen him before, but he's been harrassing my cats for the last couple of weeks. He looks well fed but unkempt, so I'm not sure if he's lost, homeless, or just has a human that doesn't give a shit, but he is a **** menace.

He's been fighting with one of mine, and winning, had to take him to get stitches and antibiotics last week (£225!), and he keeps just sitting on the end of my drive, staring through the windows and howling, all through the night. I chase him, he pisses off, comes back a couple of minutes later.

Yesterday morning, I came downstairs, and he was sat in the kitchen, eating my cat's food, who was just sat on the sofa watching him, and glancing at me like "I'm as surprised as you are, dude, what shall we do", so I need to keep the back door closed. Fair enough. This morning, the **** scales the conservatory, comes in through the spare room window, upstairs makes eye contact with me, sprays over the duvet, and **** off back out the window.

I'm a cat lover, but I'm ready to buy an air rifle, I've not had a good night's sleep all week, he's a **** nightmare.

biZk9vT.png

WjAif0S.png

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 2

Â