Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I kept my little assassins indoors all winter, but they've been going out for the last few weeks. It's great to watch them sprint around the yard, climb trees, ambush each other, eat grass, roll around on the gravel, sniff every inch of everything, bask in the sun and close their eyes and enjoy the breeze. It was a long winter. 

• Like 4

On 30/04/2022 at 19:31, maqroll said:

I kept my little assassins indoors all winter, but they've been going out for the last few weeks. It's great to watch them sprint around the yard, climb trees, ambush each other, eat grass, roll around on the gravel, sniff every inch of everything, bask in the sun and close their eyes and enjoy the breeze. It was a long winter. 

Last time I tried to keep Freddie in he destroyed the catflap and walked through the resulting hole. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Last time I tried to keep Freddie in he destroyed the catflap and walked through the resulting hole. 

latest?cb=20211119081219

56 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

The wrong 'un?

• 1 month later...

Neighbours cat was in our garden , I’m down the far end of the garden so I call it , it looks up sees me runs all the way up the garden 

then walks straight past me , jumps onto the fence and sits there out of reach 

cats are just bastards aren’t they 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Neighbours cat was in our garden , I’m down the far end of the garden so I call it , it looks up sees me runs all the way up the garden 

then walks straight past me , jumps onto the fence and sits there out of reach 

cats are just bastards aren’t they 

Water pistol is the answer! 

• Like 1

A question for cat owners: do you think it’s cruel to spray a cat with water, for the purpose of ‘telling off’ / ‘stopping them doing something’ ?

(I’m talking a little squeeze of a small mist spray, not a hose pipe!)

We inherited a cat from a neighbour who we’re looking to rehome because he bullies our existing wuss of a cat. (Edwin (existing cat) spends most of his day hiding under the bed or in the loft now).

On the advert to rehome (Facebook 😒) I mentioned that he can get boisterous on the night, so we sometimes give him a little spray, and some bint has commented, that spraying a cat is torture to them and the same as hitting them 😂

To explain, this cat we inherited flips out sometimes. And attacks our ankles for no reason. He also has REALLY sharp claws (and I’ve had cats since I was a kid, and have never been bothered by getting scratched or bitten). We think he was mistreated by previous owners. He gripped onto me with his teeth a few months back, and I had a purple bruise.

I don't think it's particularly cruel but it won't stop them. Just stop them when they've already started. 

Sounds like he just has a lot of energy, try tiring them out by playing.

He honestly just changes character when it goes dark. It’s light still now and he’s the same relaxed, chilled-out cat he is in the day. But when the sun’s gone, it’s like having a little Wealdstone raider waiting around each door frame for you, claws out, “you want some?!”

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

A question for cat owners: do you think it’s cruel to spray a cat with water, for the purpose of ‘telling off’ / ‘stopping them doing something’ ?

No it's fine, I've sprayed mine with a water pistol twice today for stalking voles, and ten inutes later they're all over me for a fuss. That woman was talking complete bollocks.

• Like 2

Â