Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

On 17/02/2021 at 06:49, Rob182 said:

We have one! 🥵

I’ve noticed lately that the wind is occasionally holding it open past the little latch that keeps it shut. I’ve tried cleaning the hinges but I think the position of the cat flap (and the wind lately) is not helping.

We had one, but it only required the little collar magnet to go in.   It was either free to open the other direction or you had to lock it down completely.   Raccoons figured out how to reach their claws into the tiny gap between the flap and frame and pull it outwards and then proceeded to come into our garage and eat the cats' food and generally make a mess.   We'd have to remember to go lock it in the evenings.   A few time I walked in on raccoons, who then scurried out, knocking over things in their haste.

• 2 months later...

Try to get a dog to do this. 

SPLAT 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-57124736

Cat jumps five storeys to safety from burning building

Close

The daring feline ran to safety after leaping from a burning building in Chicago, Illinois. No-one was injured in the fire, which was quickly contained.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Try to get a dog to do this. 

SPLAT 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-57124736

Close

The daring feline ran to safety after leaping from a burning building in Chicago, Illinois. No-one was injured in the fire, which was quickly contained.

The cat probably started the fire. 

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 29/09/2020 at 22:49, Davkaus said:

I remember posting this, 4 years ago, and sobbing and staying up all night because after the appointment I thought he might not make it to the morning.

Heart failure be damned, you can't keep this big mad bastard down.

I love this stupid bastard. If he can't see you, you can't see him. Stands to reason.

[video-to-gif output image]

17 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Joined the cat club this year.

I never wanted any pet after a particularly traumatic experience owning the hamster from hell in my youth, but a deal was struck when we bought the house ~9 years ago that I can have a spare bedroom to turn into a studio/man-cave if the missus gets a cat.

We've had this chap for a few months now, and I bloody love him to bits.  I've gone full-cat-retard, the SD card in my phone is 80% photos of him.

Jonesy.thumb.jpg.df4b0b8fb962cfc1d6a1f8f38dad343e.jpg

We've named him Jonesy, primarily so I can buy a wig and a flight-suit and recreate this:

Ripley and Jonesy on set: LV426

Welcome to the cat owners club.We ALL feel that way about our cats.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

What, you mean inside a coffin?

😢 (sorry!)

never expected you to have Laura Ashley-esque  interior decor. I think I was expecting a Meatloaf bat out of hell duvet set 😉

Edited by theboyangel
  • Haha 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

😢 (sorry!)

never expected you to have Laura Ashley-sequel interior decor. I think I was expecting a Meatloaf bat out of hell duvet set 😉

that's the wife's area, I just do the cooking ;)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

That’s about the same for me! 

Leave them to do the girly stuff like decor and plants.

<sexist>

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

Joined the cat club this year.

I never wanted any pet after a particularly traumatic experience owning the hamster from hell in my youth, but a deal was struck when we bought the house ~9 years ago that I can have a spare bedroom to turn into a studio/man-cave if the missus gets a cat.

We've had this chap for a few months now, and I bloody love him to bits.  I've gone full-cat-retard, the SD card in my phone is 80% photos of him.

Jonesy.thumb.jpg.df4b0b8fb962cfc1d6a1f8f38dad343e.jpg

We've named him Jonesy, primarily so I can buy a wig and a flight-suit and recreate this:

Ripley and Jonesy on set: LV426

congratulations. best decision you'll ever make

only problem is that you'll soon realise one is just not enough.

Â