Cats...

wiggyrichard

Love them or loathe them?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Love them or loathe them?

• Love, they're so cute & cuddly!
    • They're shite & should be considered vermin!

44 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm embroiled in a feud with a local cat. I've never seen him before, but he's been harrassing my cats for the last couple of weeks. He looks well fed but unkempt, so I'm not sure if he's lost, homeless, or just has a human that doesn't give a shit, but he is a **** menace.

He's been fighting with one of mine, and winning, had to take him to get stitches and antibiotics last week (£225!), and he keeps just sitting on the end of my drive, staring through the windows and howling, all through the night. I chase him, he pisses off, comes back a couple of minutes later.

Yesterday morning, I came downstairs, and he was sat in the kitchen, eating my cat's food, who was just sat on the sofa watching him, and glancing at me like "I'm as surprised as you are, dude, what shall we do", so I need to keep the back door closed. Fair enough. This morning, the **** scales the conservatory, comes in through the spare room window, upstairs makes eye contact with me, sprays over the duvet, and **** off back out the window.

I'm a cat lover, but I'm ready to buy an air rifle, I've not had a good night's sleep all week, he's a **** nightmare.

biZk9vT.png

WjAif0S.png

Get a Nerf gun, it won't hurt the little **** but he won't like being soaked.

I got one to try and get rid of pigeons living under my solar panels at the old house, they soon cottoned on and hid under the panels when I came out with the gun.

On 01/09/2021 at 07:57, PussEKatt said:

Poppit is definately the boss in our house.We have 2 cats,the other one ( a Main Coon ) called Charlotte cant do anything at all without Poppit checking it out.

Maine Coon!

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm embroiled in a feud with a local cat. I've never seen him before, but he's been harrassing my cats for the last couple of weeks. He looks well fed but unkempt, so I'm not sure if he's lost, homeless, or just has a human that doesn't give a shit, but he is a **** menace.

He's been fighting with one of mine, and winning, had to take him to get stitches and antibiotics last week (£225!), and he keeps just sitting on the end of my drive, staring through the windows and howling, all through the night. I chase him, he pisses off, comes back a couple of minutes later.

Yesterday morning, I came downstairs, and he was sat in the kitchen, eating my cat's food, who was just sat on the sofa watching him, and glancing at me like "I'm as surprised as you are, dude, what shall we do", so I need to keep the back door closed. Fair enough. This morning, the **** scales the conservatory, comes in through the spare room window, upstairs makes eye contact with me, sprays over the duvet, and **** off back out the window.

I'm a cat lover, but I'm ready to buy an air rifle, I've not had a good night's sleep all week, he's a **** nightmare.

biZk9vT.png

WjAif0S.png

Looks like a psycho

• 2 weeks later...

Woke up at 6, the cat was doing something under the bed.
Savage ginger word removed. How he got it through the cat-flap I will never know.

DfPjLHy.png

hRQRNvr.png

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

On 24/09/2021 at 10:27, Seat68 said:

He was of sorts. He died today. He had thrombotic embolism and deteriorated rapidly overnight. He was 15 so owes us nothing. I will shit randomly on a seat in honour. 

:lol: Is this a cat or a Ford Focus?

22 hours ago, Tegis said:

Savage ginger word removed. How he got it through the cat-flap I will never know.

DfPjLHy.png

hRQRNvr.png

You could make a nice pie out of that (the rabbit, not the cat). 

• Haha 1

That is one handsome cat.

Crap photo because I didn't want to go outside and disturb her, but this is where one of mine decided to sleep a couple of days ago instead of in any of the 3 or 4 indoor beds she likes

mMZPG1s.png

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Freddie tries the waste paper bin for size. It's way too small.

spacer.png

Then he tries to get comfy.

spacer.png

Then sleepy bye bye.

spacer.png

I bet he makes... 

Pet Sounds

1Myv.gif

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2021 at 07:07, Tegis said:

DfPjLHy.png

hRQRNvr.png

Woah, what a tribute. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cats serving in the police force.

https://www.police.govt.nz/news/ten-one-magazine/cats-new-zealand-police

In no particular order of fondness, meet...

Charlie from Portobello Station, Otago Peninsula

Charlie from Portobello Station, Otago Peninsula

His duties include:

• Keeping Sole Charge Constable Aaron Smith and his family company
  • Finding patches of sun
  • Meowing at birds
  • Sneaking into Aaron’s police vehicle for rides
  • Greeting visitors to the station

• Like 1

Our neighbours Maine Coon cat has suddenly become very friendly and runs in the house every time it finds an opening  .. We usually give her a few strokes then chuck her out and have made sure we don't feed her 

however , we when I got out the shower this morning , I found it curled up asleep on our bed so think it must have climbed in through an open window !! 

might have to stop stroking her and give her a water spray instead to stop her moving in  ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've mentioned before about an occasional visitor we have.  Never seen him out after dark. 

A couple of days ago I let him in but didn't feed him.  I then found him asleep on our bed.  He's rarely been upstairs before. 

Yesterday Mrs Sidcow was taking daughter to an early morning appointment and was in and out the house with the door open whilst defrosting the car as I was having a lie in.   Suddenly I felt the cat jump into the bed and it fell asleep at my feet. 

Then around midnight last night I saw the security light come on and there he was yowling at the patio door.  He genuinely looked relieved to see me as I came to the window, when I opened it he shot inside.  Went straight upstairs and I found him curled up on my side of the bed next to Mrs Sidcow. 

Tried to get him back out a couple of times, I was actually outside with him at 2am but everytime I made a bid for the door he shot back inside. 

I plonked him firmly on the sofa with a couple of cushions but he was back on the bed at 4.30.

I took him back down with a final attempt to encourage him out but he wouldn't go.  I wasn't going to literally force him out. 

Mrs Sidcow by now was awake so came down to fall asleep on the sofa watching TV as she will do. 

Anyway he was still here when I came down this morning and has only just gone. 

I was hoping he'd just been caught outside by fireworks and holed himself up somewhere before seeking a place for the night but Mrs Sidcow pointed out that he's not wearing a collar which he always has done so I'm wondering if he's been abandoned. 

I'm now very concerned we've been forcibly adopted. He can **** off though.  He must be around 9 years old now.  He's not coming to live with us just as the vet bills are likely to start arriving. 

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've mentioned before about an occasional visitor we have.  Never seen him out after dark. 

A couple of days ago I let him in but didn't feed him.  I then found him asleep on our bed.  He's rarely been upstairs before. 

Yesterday Mrs Sidcow was taking daughter to an early morning appointment and was in and out the house with the door open whilst defrosting the car as I was having a lie in.   Suddenly I felt the cat jump into the bed and it fell asleep at my feet. 

Then around midnight last night I saw the security light come on and there he was yowling at the patio door.  He genuinely looked relieved to see me as I came to the window, when I opened it he shot inside.  Went straight upstairs and I found him curled up on my side of the bed next to Mrs Sidcow. 

Tried to get him back out a couple of times, I was actually outside with him at 2am but everytime I made a bid for the door he shot back inside. 

I plonked him firmly on the sofa with a couple of cushions but he was back on the bed at 4.30.

I took him back down with a final attempt to encourage him out but he wouldn't go.  I wasn't going to literally force him out. 

Mrs Sidcow by now was awake so came down to fall asleep on the sofa watching TV as she will do. 

Anyway he was still here when I came down this morning and has only just gone. 

I was hoping he'd just been caught outside by fireworks and holed himself up somewhere before seeking a place for the night but Mrs Sidcow pointed out that he's not wearing a collar which he always has done so I'm wondering if he's been abandoned. 

I'm now very concerned we've been forcibly adopted. He can **** off though.  He must be around 9 years old now.  He's not coming to live with us just as the vet bills are likely to start arriving. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
Â