Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

He's having a very good season, seems to have matured as a player and is playing very well right now. I thought he was terrific today.

How far from an England call up do you reckon he is?

I'd say quite far. He still makes some poor decisions and not sure he's the right defender for a team that isn't up against it for most of the game.

• Like 1

I'd have him over John Stones who is currently the third choice centre back in the England squad. It's not that I think Baker is about to turn into an all time great - just that England have the excellent Gary Cahill and not a lot else. I think it'd be good for the lad.

was it him who tried to leap through the sir first half life a salmon trying to clear the ball? Seemed a little over the top. Made some good tackles though and had a solid game. Repeat it over several more games please. 

He was very good tonight. He has to be up there with the bravest centre backs we have ever had. The lad sticks his head where other players would think twice about putting their foot. I love his attitude and even when he is having a poor game he never hides and never gives less than 100%.

• Like 1

Pretty steady today, there was one point in the first half he dived in when he probably shouldn't, missed the ball and nearly let chelsea though. Pretty solid and better than Senderos today.

To be fair to him Chelsea shouldn't have been on the pitch.

• Like 2

Pretty steady today, there was one point in the first half he dived in when he probably shouldn't, missed the ball and nearly let chelsea though. Pretty solid and better than Senderos today.

To be fair to him Chelsea shouldn't have been on the pitch.
Oops talking and typing
  • Like 1

Â