Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I didn't see the QPR game but I certainbly wouldn't describe his performance against Reading as "Absolute Class"

I thought he had a nervy and unconvincing first half, but then a settled and much calmer second half. I think he did ok.

Glad to hear he was impressive against QPR.

i think i would play him ahead of Clark now, but push Clark out to LB. Lichaj doesn't look quite the same at LB as he does at RB, and i think it would be unlucky for either of them to lose their place at the moment, but then again we need Vlaar back in the mix if he is fit.

Clark would be terrible as a FB in this team - we use our FBs to get forward, offer an option, cross the ball etc and Clark definitely doesn't have the pace, ability to maraud forward, beat a man or track back quickly if they counter.

Clark and Baker are a partnership, different types of CB that complement each other fairly well - you have destroyers in Vlaar/Baker/Dunne and a bit more finesse with Clark, who cleans up the mess they leave behind.

wasnt it last year at Wolves that he was appalling and warnock replaced him at lb and outperformed him

It was, but then I would never play him at fb... Too cumbersome for that position., but has potential to be a very good cb

Edit... It might have been Clark at lb actually, but point still stands about baker playing cb

CB is one of the hardest positions to play in football IMO and at 21 I think he's got an incredibly bright future - looked great against some tough players to deal with, Jones is a bit of a monster and that Walters is a nasty shit. It'd be great to have him and Clark as our CB pairing for years to come - great example set to the academy lads.

CB is one of the hardest positions to play in football IMO and at 21 I think he's got an incredibly bright future - looked great against some tough players to deal with, Jones is a bit of a monster and that Walters is a nasty shit. It'd be great to have him and Clark as our CB pairing for years to come - great example set to the academy lads.

Have to agree with this. The two seem to compliment each either very well. At the moment Vlaar will be doing well to get back in.

Really? The hardest? I'd say it's the easiest. Just sit back, read the game, intervene and give the ball to someone in a shirt like the one you wear yourself. Doesn't take anything away from these two boys, though. I like them both. They make the odd misstake, but who doesn't? They're young(ish) and still learning their trades. They might be very good for us in the future. Evans and McNaught. ;)

Â