Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I do feel calmer when he's in the team. Not absolutely 100% chilled, like, but calmer. Like listening to one of those babbling brooks/whale song albums but aware it'll end at some point, and the 'repeat all' button is broken.

Ha! Top analogy.

He's clearly a very talented kid. But something about his hair bothers me. Why was it still in pristine nick after 60 minutes last night? What product is he using?

Baker was class last night. He's much stronger than Clark and seems to time his headers and tackles better. He's also pretty fast for a big lad. Could end up being a great academy product.

2 absolute class games in a week from the big lad

We have the next Cahill here but bigger and better, captain next Season or the one after IMHO

2 absolute class games in a week from the big lad

We have the next Cahill here but bigger and better, captain next Season or the one after IMHO

Surprisingly I agree with you, Baker has been very solid in the two games he's filled in for Vlaar. Surprisingly Villa has a problem on which of the two they play with Vlaar; Baker or Clark.

Baker was immense today. Good battle between him and Clark for the spot alongside Vlaar. I think you've got to play all of them against Stoke next weekend, especially considering how poor Lichaj looked at left back today.

Actually starting to prefer Baker over Clark now..

Amazing! I am no great fan of Clarke as a CB but Baker is far from proven - up till today he hasn't even registered. He did OK today against a shite QPR attack - but some people are grasping at straws - one swallow doesn't make a summer FFS!

Amazing! I am no great fan of Clarke as a CB but Baker is far from proven - up till today he hasn't even registered. He did OK today against a shite QPR attack - but some people are grasping at straws - one swallow doesn't make a summer FFS!

Quite a few people have been saying baker is better than Clark all season

Rubbish, I had a great Nosh off by a girl in June and I'm still smiling now

• Like 2

I think baker has been one of the limited highlights this season. more solid than clark, clark seems to be too much of a pansy to be a centre back. he gets bullied too often and isnt strong enough in the tackle. he also makes vlaar look like usain bolt, zero pace.

Clarks problem is that he has barley developed at all since breaking into the first team some seasons back. He was considered the pick of the crop when he was 17. Baker has come in and done well - and given his age he can still improve - lets hope he can and not just treadwater like clark

• Like 2

Â