Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

If you take the Man City game out, how would the stats be affected?

Well, let's see: He didn't play in that game, so if we were to pretend it never happened that would make it 12 from 9 games without him, or (using the supercomputer I have handy), 1.33333333333333333 goals per game.

Yeah, it's just stats an' all, but 1.33 vs 1.0 is still enough to suggest he might be making a difference.

Good shout Demitri.

When Vlaar comes back I suppose if they're going with him as club captain then he will just get back into the side, but I would definitely drop one of the other 2 and not Baker.

Baker has looked calm, strong and very good in the air. I fancy he could develop into an attacking threat as well from set-pieces.

In my opinion the back 3 for the second half of the season should be Clark in the centre with Vlaar to the right of him and Baker to the left.

Herd and Dunne are then good options as cover, and Herd could of course challenge for a midfield spot also.

Been very impressed with Baker. I would suggest that we have two of the most talented young central defenders in the league emerging.

Plus two of the most talented midfielders and two of the most telented strikers. Plus a talented right back and talented goalie

Talent all over the pitch

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â