Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Not getting carried away.

Remember last year he did play 6-7 games in a row and struggled in a fair few of those, against Chelsea he tried to head it instead of clearing and against Bolton he struggled when Davies came on and bullied our defence.

Of course there were difficult circumstances then as they were now. Baker strikes me as a Collins type defender, someone who's decent in the air and will block shots all day long but a bit of forward movement and he gets found out.

s sterpover at Old Trafford was worst part BUT we were in a terrible situation and hope he learns from the experience.

would play him ahead of Clark vs newcastle

Eealy days but noticed an improvement in him already as he has cut out the more rash challenges he used to make . Think he will end up playing at a decent level if he continues with his development . Far more commanding physically than Clarke for me who is more of a footballer but not aggressive enough as a CB.

Eealy days but noticed an improvement in him already as he has cut out the more rash challenges he used to make . Think he will end up playing at a decent level if he continues with his development . Far more commanding physically than Clarke for me who is more of a footballer but not aggressive enough as a CB.

Not you too MM, it's CLARK :!:

:winkold:

Far more commanding physically than Clarke for me who is more of a footballer but not aggressive enough as a CB

Yeah I agree. Baker is commanding and aggressive as a centre back, two of his best qualities I think.

• 1 month later...

anyone know long he's out for?

I know when I rolled my ankle I was out for two months!

He tweeted earlier that he was going for a scan and hopefully it was nothing serious so I guess we will hear in the next day or two. He was looking good on saturday before he had to go off.

He tweeted earlier that he was going for a scan and hopefully it was nothing serious so I guess we will hear in the next day or two. He was looking good on saturday before he had to go off.

The fact he got up was really promising. Nonetheless I was able to get up when I did my ankle. I hobbled away putting little weight on it, so you never really know the extent of the damage until a few days after.

He does look promising but it is worrying that he seems to pick up a lot of injuries.

Tbf the injurys ive seen him pick up are for throwing his body in the way for the cause, I've seen him get concussion twice for heading away and getting booted in the face. Like this boy, he does look a great prospect.

Â