wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

It doesn’t matter. It’s just funny. 

One is ageing exceptionally well, while that picture makes the other look exceptionally old for his age. It’s just an amusing juxtaposition. 

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, El Zen said:

It doesn’t matter. It’s just funny. 

One is ageing exceptionally well, while that picture makes the other look exceptionally old for his age. It’s just an amusing juxtaposition. 

I think Rooney could have taken care of himself, in a dietary way. Its how great players evolve

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

When i watch Messi highlights....i just stare in amazement with regard to his pure technical ability (kind of like a Maradona type), where as Ronaldo to me feels more just like....bang goal, bang goal , bang goal, bang goal, its good to watch, but i just dont get the same emotional response watching Ronaldo as when i watch Messi

Gary Lineker’s quote is spot on: Ronaldo is a machine, but Messi is an artist. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, MaVilla said:

for me, i think it comes down to "stats" versus "natural ability and individual brilliance".

For me personally, Messi is the better player. (& by player, i dont mean stats, i mean player, as in the individual beauty of watching the player)

However, i accept Ronaldo is the better player in terms of stats, goals scored, records etc etc, however i also think Messi is the better player in terms of pure ability, dribbling, technical ability and just......showcasing "the beautiful game", if that makes sense.

When i watch Messi highlights....i just stare in amazement with regard to his pure technical ability (kind of like a Maradona type), where as Ronaldo to me feels more just like....bang goal, bang goal , bang goal, bang goal, its good to watch, but i just dont get the same emotional response watching Ronaldo as when i watch Messi.

Edit: Blandy got it in a nutshell below, Ronaldo is a machine, but Messi is an artist.

Messi's stats in pretty much everything except international goals is better though.  Even then he has more goal involvement per game than Ronaldo I think.  He is clearly the greatest player to ever play.  

• Like 3

on another note, when you see a lot of Messi "best skill" highlights, there is this commentator who literally screams when messi does something, like....."aaaaarrrggghhh, or waaaaaaghh", its really, really really annoying and off putting!

He is literally like a 12 year old who has won a commentating gig, and he just screams at everything.

Who is this tool commentator?, if i ever heard him on a PL match as commentator i would turn it off or switch over!

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

on another note, when you see a lot of Messi "best skill" highlights, there is this commentator who literally screams when messi does something, like....."aaaaarrrggghhh, or waaaaaaghh", its really, really really annoying and off putting!

He is literally like a 12 year old who has won a commentating gig, and he just screams at everything.

Who is this tool commentator?, if i ever heard him on a PL match as commentator i would turn it off or switch over!

Still better than Dixon/Jenas. 

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Ray Hudson?

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Messi has reportedly signed a new 5 year contract at Barcelona which takes him up to 39. 

Glad they’re taking their finances seriously. 

Took a 50%pay cut apparently

Only on €400,000 a week now

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Earning €400,000 a week at 39, incredible. 
That’s a lot of loyalty.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

He's going to be one hell of an expensive mascot isn't he. 

Still, as long as they sell the shirts.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Messi has reportedly signed a new 5 year contract at Barcelona which takes him up to 39. 

Glad they’re taking their finances seriously. 

That Shay Given 5 year deal is looking sensible now 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Earning €400,000 a week at 39, incredible. 
That’s a lot of loyalty.

He must really love the club to accept such a big cut. He'll need to cut back on his faberge eggs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â