wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

37 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Whilst it’s still a horrible thought, but if Messi joins PSG and it means Man City fail to win the champions league then I’m ok with it. 

My instant reaction to the news was imagine if Messi goes somewhere other than man City, grealish will forever be the man that they signed instead even if in truth he isn't 

That's a hot seat to sit in 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My instant reaction to the news was imagine if Messi goes somewhere other than man City, grealish will forever be the man that they signed instead even if in truth he isn't 

That's a hot seat to sit in 

Absolutely- or even better, imagine if Man City managed to find enough spare change down the back of the sofa and signed Messi this season too.

Grealish wouldn’t get a look in 🤣

31 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

PSG would be easily the most boring outcome. Proving that he can do it outside of Spain by going to the French league. Ugh. The PL would be ideal, but at least go to Italy or something.

I imagine PSG, with the squad they already have can use Messi sparingly and roll him out for the big matches and champions league fixtures. 

34 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I imagine PSG, with the squad they already have can use Messi sparingly and roll him out for the big matches and champions league fixtures. 

I imagine he'll want to play every minute of every game so he can set records and win individual honors.

Might spell problem for Icardi's future at the club thou 

Edit: due to that supposed bad blood around the Icardi/Wanda Nara/Maxi Lopez history.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

I don’t get the whole messi thing. He is crying and saying he did everything he could to stay? Well, apart from lowering your extortionate salary of course? Can’t be that upsetting then. Am I missing something? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If he loved it there so much, he could play for free.. it’s not like he’s on the breadline is it!??

This isn’t allowed. There’s a rule in Spain where you can’t play a player less than a certain percentage (maybe 50%) of the previous year’s salary. Designed to stop teams manipulating their finances. How effective that is considering everything else that goes on in Spain is up for debate I suppose!

• Thanks 2

Apparently there is a La Liga rule that states that you can not sign a contract that lower than 50% of the previous contract at the same club. No idea if it's true or just Barca fans trying to put the blame anywhere and everywhere except at the club and Messi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem is not the salary. Barcelona are not allowed to register new players, and Messi counts as a "new" player as his previous contract expired. Apparently Aguero and Depay cannot be registered either.

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

This isn’t allowed. There’s a rule in Spain where you can’t play a player less than a certain percentage (maybe 50%) of the previous year’s salary. Designed to stop teams manipulating their finances. How effective that is considering everything else that goes on in Spain is up for debate I suppose!

Spider-Man Pointing at Spider-Man | Know Your Meme

No idea what this site is or if it's any reliable but this is trending on a Swedish Barca forum.

Barcelona 'attempt to block Lionel Messi's move to Paris Saint-Germain'

Barcelona have allegedly filed a complaint to the European Commission in the hope of blocking Lionel Messi's proposed move to Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer.

The Catalan giants have been unable to sign Messi to a new contract this summer, and it is believed that the Argentina international is close to accepting a two-year deal at PSG.

However, Marca has reported that Barcelona are attempting to prevent the move from occurring, claiming that Financial Fair Play should make it impossible for the French giants to sign the free agent.

"PSG's ratio with regards to Financial Fair Play is worse than Barcelona's," allegedly reads the statement sent to the Court of Appeals by Dr. Juan Branco on behalf of Barcelona. "In 2019/20, 99% of PSG's income was used for salaries, whereas it was 54% for Barcelona."

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/barcelona-attempt-to-block-messis-move-to-psg_458657.html?utm_source=twitter_links&utm_medium=SMLigue1&utm_campaign=twitter

I like Messi as a footballer, but his crocodile tears about being forced to move from the club he held over a barrel last season just don't wash. My heart truly bleeds for him, how will he ever cope. /s

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

so are people now saying that at least when ronaldo went abroad he at least went for a challenge?

:trollface:

Serie A was even more of a 1 club league than Ligue 1 when Ronaldo joined. Think Juve won 10 in a row. Right now Lille are the current champions of France.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â