wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I know there is a debate whether Ronaldo’s presence is hindering Man United overall but saying that Messi has not looked special for quite some time.

It’s quite sad to see. 

Yes just looked an average player last night 

On 06/08/2021 at 17:41, foreveryoung said:

Messi proving no loyalty in football, what that club have done for him is insane. First sign of trouble he's out of there

I know this is an of post but it’s too funny not to reply to. 

No loyalty?! He was at Barcelona for 21 years 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I can see where this is coming from, like Gerrard, Terry and Lampard, were they just “loyal” to the clubs that paid them the most? Messi was on ludicrous wages at Barcelona.

The president said he hoped Messi would stay and play for free which suggests it was an option.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

The thing that I don’t get is that Messi apparently couldn’t stay, even if he played for free because they couldn’t register players due to the debts.

Now they sign Dani Alves, was it really about money? 

Apparently Messi wasn't allowed to play for minimum wage due to some technicality

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I know he was there 21 years, everyone knows.

The issue was they couldn't afford him, but you would think with the money he has, he would have reduced his salary to stay there and helped Barcelona out of the shit they are in with his commercial income.

He jumped ship, PSG pay him 600k a week, i.e no loyalty.

36 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The issue was they couldn't afford him, but you would think with the money he has, he would have reduced his salary to stay there and helped Barcelona out of the shit they are in with his commercial income.

They weren’t allowed to reregister him even if he played for free. 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I can see where this is coming from, like Gerrard, Terry and Lampard, were they just “loyal” to the clubs that paid them the most? Messi was on ludicrous wages at Barcelona.

The president said he hoped Messi would stay and play for free which suggests it was an option.

Why should a player have to play for free to prove they’re loyal?

Doesnt that make every professional player in history disloyal?

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I find it amazing that a player who has been with one club for 21 years, especially the greatest player of all time who could have chosen to play for any club in the world for the past 15 years, can be called disloyal 😂

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

They weren’t allowed to reregister him even if he played for free. 

Laporta suggested he could have played for free, possibly.

Laporta continued: "I hoped Messi would do a u-turn and he would say he would play for free.

"I would have liked that and I would have been all for it. It is my understanding La Liga would have accepted it. But we cannot ask a player of Messi's stature to do this."

Messi has said he was never asked to play for free.

"I was asked to cut my salary by 50 per cent and I did it without any problem. We were able to help the club more. The desire of me and my family was to stay in Barcelona. 

NOBODY ASKED ME TO PLAY FOR FREE AND IT SEEMS TO ME THAT THE WORDS SAID BY THE PRESIDENT ARE OUT OF PLACE. THEY HURT ME BECAUSE I THINK HE DOESN'T NEED TO SAY THAT.

So who knows

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why should a player have to play for free to prove they’re loyal?

Doesnt that make every professional player in history disloyal?

I guess it means loyalty doesn’t really exist. 
Messi was probably paid the thick end of a billion pounds or Euros by Barcelona who found themselves in their hour of need.

Messi could have played for free (still getting millions from his other sponsors) and helped them out by banking the income off his name and presence at the club. His choice of course, but staying would have shown loyalty when he could get paid much more elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I find it amazing that a player who has been with one club for 21 years, especially the greatest player of all time who could have chosen to play for any club in the world for the past 15 years, can be called disloyal 😂

He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart, he got paid and royally, Barcelona made him.

All players are disloyal, I expected nothing else. I bet you shed a tear with him in the presser when he left yeah?

We both have different opinions that's fine, I'm not sure why you even brought it up to try and prove me wrong.

Yep, barca are an utter mess, dogshit and in the gutter thanks to mismanagement at board level (which messi detractors will also say is his fault) such a mess that at the time he left them they were literally unable to resign him and register him to the squad... But he should have stayed? 

The crazy thing is the messi detractors also spent years moaning that he didn't leave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I guess it means loyalty doesn’t really exist. 
Messi was probably paid the thick end of a billion pounds or Euros by Barcelona who found themselves in their hour of need.

Messi could have played for free (still getting millions from his other sponsors) and helped them out by banking the income off his name and presence at the club. His choice of course, but staying would have shown loyalty when he could get paid much more elsewhere.

He cut his salary by 50% but because he didn’t do his job for free it means he’s not loyal?

This is honestly insane. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

He didn't do it out of the goodness of his heart, he got paid and royally, Barcelona made him.

All players are disloyal, I expected nothing else. I bet you shed a tear with him in the presser when he left yeah?

We both have different opinions that's fine, I'm not sure why you even brought it up to try and prove me wrong.

I wasn’t trying to prove you wrong. I just found it amazing that a player who had given almost his entire career to a club was still being framed as disloyal. It’s mental

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He cut his salary by 50% but because he didn’t do his job for free it means he’s not loyal?

This is honestly insane. 

I don’t think it’s insane really.

Barcelona develop Messi into a superstar

Barcelona pay Messi incredible money to make him rich beyond his wildest dreams.

Barcelona get into big financial issues, contributed in no short measure by the money Messi was demanding.

The definition of loyal would be for Messi to stand by Barcelona when they need him most, even though he doesn’t need to. He can take nothing out but allow them to recover money in which will help them with their debts.

Everything that went before was a business arrangement. He stayed in return for record breaking wages.

This summer came the test of loyalty, doing something he didn’t have to do because of love for the club. Messi left. He would have left sooner if they didn’t match his pay demands. 

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â