SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I dont really see what all the fuss is about. I certainly do not see why this is making us look like a laughing stock as some suggest?

We put a bid in, it got rejected, i'm sure we will go back with another one.

Would it not be a huge gamble to put all his eggs in one basket, as in thinking N'Zogbia alone will be able to keep them up, if he was to keep him and they did go down, not only would he lose him due to his contract expiring but also have lost out on £10mil?

Exactly, what happened if he got injured for the season in the 1st game.

Can't see Whelan taking a £10m gamble.

Sunderland may be playing a cute game here. They say they can't afford him thus leaving Whelan thinking no other clubs will come in so no bidding war. If/when we do agree a fee with Wigan I wouldn't be surprised to see Sunderland and possibly one or two other clubs match our offer and then its down to McLeish to convince Nzog that VP is where he should be and our board to offer him the wages he wants.

we do have some drama queens on here!!

its all progressing nicely as far as i can see....

Wigan ask for £10m, we offer £9mill, negotiations take place, fee gets agreed.

then player's agent asks for £80/week, we offer £40k/week, negotiations take place, we agree on £50/60/70k per week.

thats all quite normal.

in fact, i'm surprised how close bothe parties are at £9m vs £10m.

a lot of transfers start at a difference of millions, then it takes a lot longer to agree a common ground.

Wigan rejected £10m apparently.

I dont really see what all the fuss is about. I certainly do not see why this is making us look like a laughing stock as some suggest?

That's far too rational. You're obviously not a Villa fan, if you can be that clam about it?! If you were, you'd realise that now is the time to start cracking people's skulls open, and feasting on the goo inside!!

That's far too rational. You're obviously not a Villa fan, if you can be that clam about it?!

He's right though.. Villa need to start flexing their mussels in the transfer market. We're absolutely crab at transfers!

I think we will sign this guy up. Its just a case of making sure we get the best deal, same as what Wigan are trying to do. Even if it rambles on for another week, it won't matter as long as we sign him up!

Wigan rejected the 10M bid for N'Zogbia. How much do they want for God's sake?

He's their best player and has just had a very good season. We're buying him to replace a player we've just sold for £20m. Some people even think he will be more effective than Downing.

Notwithstanding the year left on the contract, I can see why Wigan value him at > £10m in todays market.

Be honest, if we were selling him would you be happy with £10m?

Wigan rejected the 10M bid for N'Zogbia. How much do they want for God's sake?

i assume you said the same thing when we were holding out for more money for downing then yeah?

Young had 1 year left and went for £16m

I would Guess Wigan would feel Zog is worth somewhere close ...

I should imagine £12m will seal the deal .. or we wait until Aug 31st and hope we can get him for £10m

That's far too rational. You're obviously not a Villa fan, if you can be that clam about it?!

He's right though.. Villa need to start flexing their mussels in the transfer market. We're absolutely crab at transfers!

I think that's a shellfish attitude

Whale see some movement soon and I am sure eel move to us (its the right plaice after all) unless there is anymore shark practice from Whelan, he will get his skates on and sign for the Villa, unless The Shrimpers are interested.