SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Just asked my daughter's opinion on him. She reckons he's the poor man's Ashley Young. Now I'm even more depressed with the situation.

yeah but she's a woman, what does she know about football

Just asked my daughter's opinion on him. She reckons he's the poor man's Ashley Young. Now I'm even more depressed with the situation.
I agree with her for two reasons

1. If he was better than Ashley Young or possessed the same ability then he would be playing for champions league club already

2. Similarly to number one if he was better or had the same ability and given his contract has longer to run than Ashleys did he would be costing more money

We should not pay more than £12m regardless of when we sign him. He's a good player but the difference with Young is that he had a few clubs after him. We are the only realistic option for N'Zogbia and if either the club or the player demands too much we move to other targets.

However, I can see this going through later this week as it Whelan is a showman and he could not say "we tried our best to keep him" if they accept the 1st bid that comes in.

No need for that comment really !!

Is that because it goes without saying?

:lol:

boom!

take a bow son

No just because you are female doesnt mean you know nothing about football !!

Wigan rejected the 10M bid for N'Zogbia. How much do they want for God's sake?

i assume you said the same thing when we were holding out for more money for downing then yeah?

Look, I'm not saying he's not worth that, or DW shouldn't sell him for more because I understand their situation, and it was one that we were in not too long ago. I meant that they should just state the price they would like already. Just like we did with Downing (ie: about 20M). It's just that he publically valued him at 9M previously (near the start of the window), and that's the price he would have went for in the previous window, where he would have had an extra six months on his contract. We bid 1M more than that, and I'm sure the club would pay around 12-13M, if that's what DW valued him at.

Have some cahoonas, call his bluff and walk away. This guys may be a 10 million pound player in the current climate, but he is not much more!

So in the the "current climate" CNz is half the player JH is?

Is JH worth £20m? No imo. however when looking at other deals this summer, including those of two of our very own left wingers, you would have to conclude that in the current climate CNz every inch a £10m player.

We are flush with cash after said sales and desperate for a winger.

forget what was offered in Jan, its supply and demand, we are desperate.

DW knows this, and for the life of me cant understand why anyone is so shocked over his stance, we would, and have done exactly the same with our players the last couple of years.

Players are worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for them. It doesnt matter who is half as good as who and Liverpool are spunking cash left right and centre so your point to me is a mute one.

There are better players out there for that money and if we had an innovative manager who had fans support, we might just take a chance on them instead of playing it steady and buying only from the premiership.

Jesus, this is just like ONeill but with worse players and we know where that ended up.