SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Diego Capel will likely be sold to Sporting Lisboa for 6m EUROS!! He's been capped twice for Spain, plays on the left and dives a similar amount to Ashley Young. 23 y.o. He represents good value. Not convinced about Nzogbia to be honest. Headcase. Capel is half the price...maybe not quite as much upside but an international who is very fast and a great dribbler and crosser.

The problem is we have McLeish who can't scout further than Scotland.

That is a dirty lie! He's about to sign Shay Given!

I doubt the holdup is about Whelan wanting more than £10,000,000. He knows that if he mucks Villa about then he will be left with a player that he has to sell, and nobody else willing (or able) to pay more than £7,000,000.

Imo it's far more likely to be N'Zogbia's agent trying to screw extra money out of both ends of the deal.

offer £10m if he doesn't take it then move on.. yes he would be ideal but if we had proper scouts in the first place we wouldn't be in this position.

and please don't say we have scouts because McGeady, Parker etc are hardly unknown players.

Diego Capel will likely be sold to Sporting Lisboa for 6m EUROS!! He's been capped twice for Spain, plays on the left and dives a similar amount to Ashley Young. 23 y.o. He represents good value. Not convinced about Nzogbia to be honest. Headcase. Capel is half the price...maybe not quite as much upside but an international who is very fast and a great dribbler and crosser.

The problem is we have McLeish who can't scout further than Scotland.

That is a dirty lie! He's about to sign Shay Given!

Seriously though...Michel, Enric Valles (Spain) Beasejour (Chile)...etc.

edit: Zigic....Martins...etc. I'm not saying he's signed good players, but they are from far away!

Wasn't Whelan quoted as saying he wants £20m for Zog

Cant see us spending that much on him

*sigh*

No that wasn't Whelan. It was a fan on talksport who sounded a little like him. "If Downing is worth 20m then so is N'Zogbia"

Some fantastic advice on here about what to do next in this deal dispite not actually having an idea of what has already happend :D

Indeed.

Any information we get from SSN or the Birmingham mail has been made available to such sources because it's so out of date that the disclosure of such information would not affect the negotiations.

I.e. Yes a bid probably was rejected, but that was probably some time ago and the club are probably (hopefully) in the process of negotiating with Wigan as we speak.

No one in the media really knows what's going on.

Considering Dave Whelans level of confidentiality, they probably know everything! :lol:

Capels stock has plummeted drastically over the last few years though. Im not sure what going on with him at the minute. When were those 2 caps he got for Spain? Reason i ask, Michael Ricketts got a couple of England caps back in the day. Dont mean hes any good now though :winkold:

Even Whelan will only give out information when it serves to boost his own ego. For example, he only revealed the news about Martinez after he satisfied himself that he wouldnt be leaving.

I think it's in both club's best interests to get this done, Whelan wouldnt want to see him leave on a free this time next year.

SSN saying we tabled a £10m bid...

Sky Sports sources understand Wigan have rejected an offer from Aston Villa for winger Charles N'Zogbia.

The Midlands outfit tabled a £10million bid for the France international last week as Alex McLeish looks to rebuild his squad.

Was going to say the same.

I cant imagine he'd be THAT desperate to force through a move with the knowledge that he could go to the club of his choice next year.

I think he'd come if we had an offer accepted, but he won't be holding Whelan's wife hostage untill he accepts our offer.

This is the problem with selling before you buy.

Wigan had agreed to sell N'Zogbia to Birmingham in January for 9 mill. Now they are rejecting that in the summer knowing that we are both desperate and flush with cash.

It seems the board are learning lessions the hard way.

Capels stock has plummeted drastically over the last few years though. Im not sure what going on with him at the minute. When were those 2 caps he got for Spain? Reason i ask, Michael Ricketts got a couple of England caps back in the day. Dont mean hes any good now though :winkold:

One was 2008 vs Denmark, the other i'm not sure Perotti has taken his place in the Sevilla side...he's still 23 and has some upside.