SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

At least with MON you knew there was a chance of breaking top 4. Now we have no idea if we'll finish top half at this rate.

.....what the ****?

Cant really argue with that mate can you? The club was more stable under o'neill than I and MANY others can ever remember it being, with 3 consecutive finishes of 6th and really look like breaking the top 4 in 2 of them seasons.

Yes I know some people think he spunked a load of cash, but all the blame cant land at his feet, there must have been somebody sanctioning the deals. And I cant really remember ANY villa fans moaning when we brought the likes of Sidwell, Beye, etc etc. At the time everyone seemed happy that we were building a squad that could push us on those extra couple of places. I can also remember people moaning how long the deals took to go through, and if I remember rightly this was also chalked down as MON fault also. Funny hey!

And his point about us finishing in the top half at the moment is not far off in my opinion, where do you expect us to finish with how things stand at the moment?

just cant see what point you were trying to make with that comment.

Not sure what any of that has to do with Charles N'Zogbia?

nothing mate, a bit like 50 other pages of this thread have nothing to do with N'Zogbia, every threaqd always leads to someone having to finger O'Neill for everthing.

I was just asking the guy to explain his "what the ****" comment. as to me it was a perfewctly valid point.

That ok?

In an N'Zogbia thread, it's as unwelcome as the other 50 pages you referenced.

so have a go at everyone else who comments aswell then...

so a "what the ****" comment that is clearly rude and expresses no point of opinion is ok is it.... ????

Ok mate.

At least with MON you knew there was a chance of breaking top 4. Now we have no idea if we'll finish top half at this rate.

But we didn't break top 4 did we, and because of that, and the amount of money spent we now have to change our game plan to something more sustainable. We could not carry on like we did, we had a stab at it but we failed. If we would have carried on we would of gone under. Mon did his best and it wasn't good enough. With the amount of money spent and with a different manager things might of been different. I've said it before we got the right buyer for the club but the wrong manager in. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

No other teams have shown any serious interest so far yet alone bid for N'Zogbia at the price Wigan are looking for. If Whelan wants to be a word removed about it, **** him, move on to someone else then go back in with a bid of £2m in Jan.

The smart move now is to wait for him to quit playing silly buggers and meet us at a price which is more than fair considering it was accepted in January, £9m.

Cannot blame Dave Whelan in the slightest for turning it down and again goes to show what a complete shambles Paul Faulkner is, and I cannot fathom for the life of me what randy Lerner sees in him.

Blues offer 10m - it's accepted, Zog now has 6m less on his contract, thus a bid for 8 or 9m would have probably been struck.

However, we then go and sell Downing, a player with only one year extra on his contract for 20m , now most of us to a man and woman are pleased with the player, as most of the people here think Zog is a better player.

So why would Whelan accept anything less than say, 12-14m ?.

Ridiculous - this should have been done BEFORE Downing was sold, and the same can be said for Given / Freidal.

Faulkner is a liability - the quicker Randy realises it, the better.

Agree, Faulkner is a liability, totally inexperienced and meat and drink to a shrewd businessman like Dave Whelan

He's toying with us, what does RL see in PF

I really worry about RL at times and if he's fully switched on, silver spoon n all that

Selling Downing before signing the likes of N'Zogbia was indeed truely idiotic

Not if we didnt have the money

Wheres the Ash money gone?

A winger should have been signed the second Ash was sold .

PA-10587043.jpg

Bloke on the right

Oh deary me. Take a look at your own post. Are we just gonna forget about the Young money?

Im not saying we dont still have the young money. Ive no idea tbh.

Theres an arguement it may have been used for Bent - but i doubt it.

But...

Its not a legal requirement to spend all income from transfers on transfers

agree with the previous poster that I cant see wigan accepting anything less then 12m either, if it was the other way round we'd be doing the same thing knowing that the buying club were desperate and have the cash to splash. Just makes it plainly obvious that the time to get Zog in was before we sold downing. As depressing as usual we'll be held to ransom and end up paying more then we should. Though on the other hand, I'm sure the club must have a plan B somewhere if price gets too stupid.

Wheres the Ash money gone?

A winger should have been signed the second Ash was sold .

PA-10587043.jpg

Bloke on the right

so where did the Milner money go?

FFS, who says its gone anywhere??

We are still at a point where Lerners invested more than hes brought in money wise.

He might be balancing the books and thats no crime either.

As I said above, you dont have to splash every million you get as income

I'd love to see Randy offer 8 million take it or leave it, and give Dave (the lip) Whelan until tomorrow at 1pm to tell us whether he's going to take it or leave it. Echoes of the RM situation.

We have to be prepared to walk away if we're not going to get jerked around by clubs who think we're a soft touch.

so where did the Milner money go?

Well I'd say a combination of the Young and Milner money went on the bloke on the right in my earlier photo and then these chaps here

O%27Neill%2C_Martin.jpg

Houllier%2C_G%C3%A9rard.jpg

180px-AlexMcLeish_2009_pre-season_cropped.jpg