SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Hoilett would cost as much as N'Zogbia ....

Hoilett would cost 15m+ because he's 20, has 2 or 3 years left on his deal and is HIGHLY treasured by BRFC. His only drawback is that he's Canadian (blame Canada, etc.)

Nzogbia is a good player...but we need to be very careful. If he has 1 great year he'll demand a move. The guy is also a bit of a nutcase, see Ireland. If we can get him for 10m or less, fine. If not, it starts to become a riskier move.

Nzogbia must be a hell of a player if he can replace Downing and Young. With those kind of talents I am surprised one of the big boys has not ben in for him already. Also with those kind of talents I would have thought he would be worth a lot more than the 10M or so we have bid.

:?

I don't see the point in your post or, if it has a rational meaning, what it would serve to acheive.

Everton can afford him they just need to sell before they can buy

This makes no sense!

I want to buy an apple but to have enough money I need to sell my banana first.

Can I afford the apple before I sell my banana? :winkold:

You have a problem, does the banana score more goals

We could organise a VillaTalk whip round if Randy is struggling to find an extra million quid or so. I'd happily stick a fiver in to make this happen.

Randy nor any of us are allowed to put extra money into the club under the new Uefa FFP rules. The club can only spend what it earns.

I think thatt only applies to wages. That said i'm sure man city will find a work around, so we should be able to aswell.

So im getting told the holdup over this is Wigan wanting 10m but we've only offered 9m??!!

FFS Randy, just offer them what they want and lets get this done. We cant afford to be **** around at this present moment in time. This should be No1 priority.

Nzogbia is a good player...but we need to be very careful. If he has 1 great year he'll demand a move.

If we sign him it needs to be a long term contract. Im talking 5/6 years. Give him a three year contract and he will be off before you know it.

Randy nor any of us are allowed to put extra money into the club under the new Uefa FFP rules. The club can only spend what it earns.

I think thatt only applies to wages. That said i'm sure man city will find a work around, so we should be able to aswell.

No, it doesn't only apply to wages.

i could go into much more detail, but that would be way off-topic.

Man City don't need to find a work around, their revenue was £125m in 09/10 (Villa was £90m), and since then they have got CL football, plus £40m/year in stadium/shirt sponsorship (Villa's is £8m).

So im getting told the holdup over this is Wigan wanting 10m but we've only offered 9m??!!

FFS Randy, just offer them what they want and lets get this done. We cant afford to be **** around at this present moment in time. This should be No1 priority.

i'm glad you don't run our football club.

If we think he is only worth £9mill rather than £10m, then we need to hold our nerve. Do not offer them whatever they want. If we can't agree a price that we (Villa) are happy with, then we should walk away.

This is the case for any player.

Pay what we think he's worth, not just whatever the selling club want.

If we think he is only worth £9mill rather than £10m, then we need to hold our nerve. Do not offer them whatever they want. If we can't agree a price that we (Villa) are happy with, then we should walk away.

Agree that they shouldnt pay any more than they think the player is worth.

But, if they dont think the player is worth £10m, then I fear that they do not have a realistic grasp of the current state of the transfer market.

Agree that they shouldnt pay any more than they think the player is worth.

But, if they dont think the player is worth £10m, then I fear that they do not have a realistic grasp of the current state of the transfer market.

The player was valued at £9 million in Jan by the selling club.....

We've offered £9 million.. end of

Hes clearly worth more than 10m but anyway, its not what WE think hes worth that matters. If Wigan say they want 10 and we only offer 9m then they are well within their rights to tell us to fook off. The selling club will dictate the price - as we saw with Downing.

I just hope we dont miss out on him due to that extra 1m. Im sure you wont be so dissmissive of Wigans valuation if we do miss out on him

We tried to set up a "Buy a player fund" on here in the ;ast year of Doug's reign. I thought those days were gone forever.

Nzogbia must be a hell of a player if he can replace Downing and Young. With those kind of talents I am surprised one of the big boys has not ben in for him already. Also with those kind of talents I would have thought he would be worth a lot more than the 10M or so we have bid.

Whats the point of this post, other than another snide comment at the board because they wont spend billions?

I get that you do not agree with most if any of my opinions. I really do there is no need to quote everything I post to try and prove it anymore !

On this one what I am saying is

Nzogbia should not be the replacement for both of the players we have sold this summer (Young and Downing) and if anyone thinks that then it is a mistake. If he was that good he would be in the top four by now

The second bit was basically saying and I think the club have undervalued him if we rate him as that much quality (and actually if we are clear that he is our only replacement for those two players the selling club will also be aware of the fact that he is undervalued)

The point that a bid has been rejected seems to support the view that he has been undervalued by us. A point we were gleefully using against Plop in their pursuit of Downing was it not.

pretty rare for first bids to ever be excepted - its part of the game I'm fairly certain we wouldn't have expected Wigan just to accept our initial offer and will be ready to increase. Although I'm sure we will also have a limit in mind which we aren't prepared to go over

Most clubs reject the 1st offer for a player. Aren't we apparently meeting with them today to discuss a bid. We should tell them a final offer (£11m MAX) and if they say no we move on. Dave Whelan as already mugged us off once this summer and we should tell him to either accept one last offer or **** off. They can not afford to lose him on a free in a year, no other clubs are willing to pay the transfer fee and wage package, so maybe he doesn't have as much power over this deal as he thinks.