SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Don't start arguing again the thread will get locked again for those who actually want to read/contribute nicely!

Im not arguing mate, just pointing out a fact that I was mearly replying to someone elses opinion, but we all know on here that your OWN opinion counts for s##t as far as some are concerned.

Very rarely do I post on here, I just normally read the posts in fits of laughter at what some people think.

Now I remember why I stopped posting with certain individuals just looking out for a arguement.

I want the board to just turn to Wigan and say "Here's £12mill. We want the player. We want him now. Can we get this done?"

ok we may pay a couple of mill more than we need to, but it will prevent others coming in eventually.

All of this reporting from Skysports sources (tv and web) does'nt make any sense...

They reported on Friday morning(web) that villa made a 10million bid. Later in the evening SSN(tv) they contradicted that report saying Wigan have rejected a bid just under the 10million(Wigan wanted 10m)

Now today skysports website are once again contradicting that report saying we offered 10million last week which has been rejected today..

Sky sports get your sources right ffs!!

It's about time people realised SkyScumSport News is SHIT - just a TV version of a shitty tabloid rag, with a bit of totty fronting it so you don't get arsed and switch off.

I was watching SSN on Friday so I know this is right.

The transfer guy standing next to the Transfer News Board Said about Given deal almost done....

Secondly he said... "We have spoken with Dave Whelan & the deal for Villa to sign N'Zogbia is nearly there but not quite - Wigan are insisting on getting the full asking price"

Don't know what has transpired subsequently or what story they cooked up afterwards....but that is almost word for word what the guy said live on SSN.

I want the board to just turn to Wigan and say "Here's £12mill. We want the player. We want him now. Can we get this done?"

ok we may pay a couple of mill more than we need to, but it will prevent others coming in eventually.

You do that for Carlos Tevez, Ronaldo or maybe bent - but surley not Nzogbia ?

"We must have Charles Nzogbia name your price" ? - I don't think he quite deserves that yet

Yeah, just give the an extra couple of mill, what does it matter ?

An extra TWO MILLION POUNDS.

Its not **** monopoly money you know.

Some people live in a parallel universe, I'm sure.

an extra 2mill from the near £40mill we just made.

I'm not saying 'name your price' at all.

But to get a guy in that is equal if not better than a player you have just sold for near £20mill for £8mill profit I would still think that is a great deal.

and i hope the board acts professionally & does the opposite of what you suggest. we are not talking about monopoly here.

you negotiate & negotiate hard to get the best price for the club.

not just pay whatever the other club wants.

and if they don't accept the price you want to pay, you walk away.

thats how successful businesses work.

But to get a guy in that is equal if not better than a player you have just sold for near £20mill for £8mill profit I would still think that is a great deal.

If he were as good as young or downing.....maybe.....

But if he were why have Manu\Pool gone for downing/young and not Nzogbia ? .............

Times reporter interview on Talksport Lansley chatting about Shay Given signing... (thinks it's a superb move for Villa BTW)

As linked above....

Anyways..... has spoken to his agent & states N'Zogbia WANTS to come to Villa. The player was told that once a bid of £9M came in for him he could go.... then Wigan upped the price. (Like Kendrick said) It's not the player it's Whelan!!

Reached a bit of an impasse at moment, but he's hopeful a compromise will be done.

This would surely confirm that The Zog was indeed trying to tell everyone where he wanted to go when he RE-Tweeted this NUFC message 14th July

Paul_Nufc42 Paul Wyn Robbins

@CharlesNzo Hello Charles are you going to Villa? Was really hoping you would come back here. But whatever Happens good luck whatever you do

you negotiate & negotiate hard to get the best price for the club.

not just pay whatever the other club wants.

and if they don't accept the price you want to pay, you walk away.

thats how successful businesses work.

Yes, I agree. But I don't see where that quality of player is if we walk away.

Basically what I was saying, is I would like this done quickly because if we don't and he goes elsewhere or stays where he is because we don't match the figures, we may suffer during the season and still have the money in our pockets. What would be the point?

If they negotiate hard and get him for £10mill i will be delighted. I just don't want the club to lose out.

you just don't understand business.

firstly you would know we got in a lot less than £40m if you think about it (transfer bonus, sell-on fee, add-ons).

secondly £2,000,000 is TWO MILLION POUNDS.

there is an opportunity cost to giving someone else £2m because they would like it.

thats half a goalkeeper (Given) that you are saying not to purchase.

If he were as good as young or downing.....maybe.....

But if he were why have Manu\Pool gone for downing/young and not Nzogbia ? .............

I'm not having a dig mate but on this logic does that make Carroll better than Bent? After all, L'pool went for him and not Bent.

Yes, I agree. But I don't see where that quality of player is if we walk away.

Basically what I was saying, is I would like this done quickly because if we don't and he goes elsewhere or stays where he is because we don't match the figures, we may suffer during the season and still have the money in our pockets. What would be the point?

If they negotiate hard and get him for £10mill i will be delighted. I just don't want the club to lose out.

i see what you're saying, but negotiations like that take time.

it may be a case of each club waiting to see who cracks first.

every player sale will be like this, if we pay £1-2mill extra on every deal, thats a lot of money.

every player sale will be like this, if we pay £1-2mill extra on every deal, thats a lot of money.

I suppose that is also very true.

Well as long as it gets done or we get quality players in I think we all will be happy.

We can all agree on that!

Let's hope a bit more publicity on Whelan telling N'Zogbia he would be sold as soon as a bid came in for £9M for him...when actually that's not what he meant exactly... puts him under a wee bit of pressure!!

Could this be the same Dave Whelan Chairman of WAFC, who praised Randy Lerner for the honest ways he goes about business?!!!!