Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Great news. It's always nice to see a player showing some loyalty. I meet him in a club in Birmingham a few months back and he spoke with great passion about the villa, promising he'd do everything in his power to keep us safe from relegation. A promise i feel he fully kept. 

738542503.jpg?1362135288

He can't be 6'2 surely... :D

He's 5'10" at the most. I'm 5'8" and he was barely taller than me when I met him. His height has always been wrong online! Compare him with Benteke and you'll see how short he really is!

He can't be 6'2 surely... :D

He's 5'10" at the most. I'm 5'8" and he was barely taller than me when I met him. His height has always been wrong online! Compare him with Benteke and you'll see how short he really is!

They must include that outrageously large quiff in the measurements.

What a great piece of news that he's staying. Just that 1 big contract to be sorted out you know who I mean and then we can relax and enjoy the summer

And Jimmytheirishvillain can regale us all with another one of his fantastic accompanying home made video clips to sum up our feelings of unbridled joy at the renewal of the monsters contract.

Come on Jimmy................Bring It On!

Great news. It's always nice to see a player showing some loyalty. I meet him in a club in Birmingham a few months back and he spoke with great passion about the villa, promising he'd do everything in his power to keep us safe from relegation. A promise i feel he fully kept. 

738542503.jpg?1362135288

Great to hear Andi is passionate about us, every player I have met this past season has been one of the new lads and they have all seemed level headed and wanting to fight for the Villa.

Lambert's philosophy really seems driven into these guys and as long as we have players who want to play for our shirt then I will be happy.

Edited by samjp26

If true would love to find out what wages we are going to pay him now?

Why? Just out of curiosity or trying to work out other Villa finance matters?

Yeah mate. Just would like to know as it will set a bench mark for Westwood and Lowton when the time comes.

Quite possibly. It must be a nightmare running a Premier League football club - players playing well and demanding new contracts for twice their value or threatening to leave; players not playing well still being paid the high salary they negotiated when they did, at some point, play well.

Hopefully it will be officially confirmed soon that Andi is staying. With all the talk from the media and even some Villa fans that Benteke is 'too good for us', Andi is 100% the type of player we should be keeping hold of.

• Like 1

What a great piece of news that he's staying. Just that 1 big contract to be sorted out you know who I mean and then we can relax and enjoy the summer

Benteke has a few more years to go on his contract, so from a contractual stand point there is not much to be worried about. It's really whether a big club comes in for him. I don't see it happening as Arsenal and Spurs are not big spenders and ManU, Chelsea and ManCity don't really need him.

well, it really looks like we may have someone at the helm once again, going about things the right way for the club....

all of the big wage earners who are not contributing regularly to the first team squad are all on their way, or looking for new clubs - ireland, given, hutton, makoun, bent, dunne... stan off the books in a sensitive way that still has him contributing positively to the club.... key young players signing new and prudent new contracts.... new talent joining and being linked to us...

by the end of the summer, we could have a great squad of players all with decent amounts of time left on their contracts, with reasonable wages and the bigger wages in the right hands.... it would be a young squad, the vast majority of whom are developing and enhancing their value.... we could have an attacking force that even the best teams will be concerned about.... we could be a club that some great young european talent has wanted to join....

exciting times indeed....

if they can get the big man to sign a new contract this week, i would personally say, we have overachieved so far in the off season for the first time in several years....

UTV

Good news. Hopefully Benteke will follow!

Slightly disappointed its only for three years. Same length as Baker's. I wonder why we aren't aiming for four years? We'll be negotiating again in a year, if we don't want to be in this position again...

Good news. Hopefully Benteke will follow!

Slightly disappointed its only for three years. Same length as Baker's. I wonder why we aren't aiming for four years? We'll be negotiating again in a year, if we don't want to be in this position again...

As someone else mentioned, it is most likely to keep them motivated to earn another contract rather than getting a 5 year deal and then putting their feet up.

Â