Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

At the start of last season virtually nobody outside of B6 had heard of him, I'd have valued him at £1m maybe £2m max 12 months ago.

He's now announced his arrival .

You'd have seriously valued him that low at the beginning of the season? He's definitely stepped up a level this season but it was clear before that he'd be a good player.
£1-2m yep. He didn't play that much under McLeish and only had 2 goals at PL level.

He was very unproven 12 months ago.

This season he has come of age in a very poor team.

He's had a great personal season.

I know we didn't have a great season but i wouldn't say we're a 'very poor team'

• Like 1

Fantastic news!

Aside from Guzan I think he is my favourite player right now.

Hope the club promote him from squad number 26 to more prestigious one this summer.

Hope he can keep giving 110% and keep finding the net for many years to come. Top news. Top lad.

Maybe he likes that number? He might want it.

Hats off to Andi. He no doubt could have made quick £££ elsewhere.

A bit of loyalty is a real rarity in modern football.

He clearly has an affinity with AVFC.

I think the fact that he's probably doubled his wage will have given him an incentive to stay as well :)

**** yes. So important to get this one in. Can`t wait to see him next season, his workrate was simply astonishing, everything you can ask from a player. Should get a better number unless he is satisfied with 26.

His name is Andi Weimann,

His boots are blazing red (sometimes)

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

When he scores a volley

or scores one with his head 

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

He scores a goal and the Holte goes WILD!

and I just can't seem to get enough of Andi!

duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

ANDI WEIMANN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=add5qkk06eI

**** yes. So important to get this one in. Can`t wait to see him next season, his workrate was simply astonishing, everything you can ask from a player. Should get a better number unless he is satisfied with 26.

Number 7 would be nice.

Great news.

If we get in a midfielder who sees his runs and the ability the make pass he'll have a huge season next.

*edit: spelling

Edited by Skruff

I think the fact that he's probably doubled his wage will have given him an incentive to stay as well :)
He was on about 8k a week . He probably could have gone to stoke or fulham for a lot more than we're paying him

Number 7 would be nice.
Agree. Rip that shirt off Ireland's back.

His name is Andi Weimann,

His boots are blazing red (sometimes)

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

When he scores a volley

or scores one with his head 

I just can't get enough

I just can't get enough

He scores a goal and the Holte goes WILD!

and I just can't seem to get enough of Andi!

duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh duh

ANDI WEIMANN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=add5qkk06eI

Two things struck me about this video.

1) Andi scored some really creative goals

2) Ireland just doesn't give a shit. He's on the pitch for a few of Andi's goals and when Andi scores, everyone runs to celebrate with him except for Ireland, who just sulks around. What a waste of space. I can't believe Lambert gave him as much playing time as he did

• Like 1

A very positive start to the summer and I hope this continues.

I am absolutely delighted Andi has signed a new contract. Although Benteke gets most of the spotlight the most of my affinity goes towards Weimann. He can be a little erratic at times, and his first touch can certainly improve, but what he gives to the Villa cause is admirable. If his career progresses as it has been I can really see him being one of the top strikers in the league, there have been several comparisons to Dirk Kuyt and if he reaches that level we have a seriously impressive player on our hands. Maybe he could be even better? With his new contract hopefully he can improve on his goal tally from last season, and then in time we can offer him an even bigger contract (hopefully). It is a little worrying that the contract is only three years right now but it is refreshing to see the club take a little more caution with how money is being spent on these deals. (See Given, Hutton, Beye... etc.. etc... etc...) Of course Weimann is much younger than the listed names, but as others have mentioned it can keep the hunger going in a player of that age.

If true would love to find out what wages we are going to pay him now?

Why? Just out of curiosity or trying to work out other Villa finance matters?

Yeah mate. Just would like to know as it will set a bench mark for Westwood and Lowton when the time comes.

Â