Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Good news. From what Andi has been saying in the press after the season was over, I had no doubts he would sign a new contract. Hope he can keep on improving and show his great work ethics for years to come!

Very good news. In a way I'd have been more cut up about Weimann leaving than Benteke. We'd have had to sell Weimann for a fraction of his value and I think he can go on to do great things for us. He has such a great work ethic and he's more integrated into the Villa woodwork than Benteke is at the mo and at least with Benteke we could get a fortune for him.

That being said, I don't want either to leave!

Is it 3 years on top of the 1 he has left ?

Good question, be interesting to find out.

I also agree that he's probably worth about £8-10m in the current market. At the start of the season, would you say around £2-3m?

At the start of last season virtually nobody outside of B6 had heard of him, I'd have valued him at £1m maybe £2m max 12 months ago.

He's now announced his arrival .

Is it 3 years on top of the 1 he has left ?

Good question, be interesting to find out.

I also agree that he's probably worth about £8-10m in the current market. At the start of the season, would you say around £2-3m?

Said in the article that it's a 3 year contract ending in the summer of 2016

At the start of last season virtually nobody outside of B6 had heard of him, I'd have valued him at £1m maybe £2m max 12 months ago.

You'd have seriously valued him that low at the beginning of the season? He's definitely stepped up a level this season but it was clear before that he'd be a good player.

As daggy says, it's three years from this summer. If he has another season like the one just gone, he'll need another one next summer.

Would it be likely that the newspapers would be told whether or not there was an option for us to add an extra year on?

You'd have seriously valued him that low at the beginning of the season? He's definitely stepped up a level this season but it was clear before that he'd be a good player.
£1-2m yep. He didn't play that much under McLeish and only had 2 goals at PL level.

He was very unproven 12 months ago.

This season he has come of age in a very poor team.

He's had a great personal season.

As daggy says, it's three years from this summer. If he has another season like the one just gone, he'll need another one next summer.

Would it be likely that the newspapers would be told whether or not there was an option for us to add an extra year on?

Maybe, who knows, I guess we'll find out more on Monday. Interesting that the Mail got the exclusive ahead of the OS, I wonder what they've kept quiet to be given that favour?

Other places are speculating it's £30k a week.

Fantastic news!

Aside from Guzan I think he is my favourite player right now.

Hope the club promote him from squad number 26 to more prestigious one this summer.

Hope he can keep giving 110% and keep finding the net for many years to come. Top news. Top lad.

Â