Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

If another club like that comes in and offers him ridiculous wages he will have to go. But if he goes to one of our relegation rivals you have to look at the board and question first of all why has one of our more important players contract been allowed to wind down and secondly their ambition and where we expect to be in a few years time

Would it still be the board's fault if Andi left for more than your £40k/week maximum?

How would you have got Andi to sign a new contract earlier?

It would not be the boards fault if he left if he was asking for more than 40k a week he is not worth that and it should be our wage ceiling in regards to our best players other than Benteke of course who is exceptional

This is the model Spurs used when they were in transition from being a rubbish side fighting relegation to a good one

I'd give him £35k but without knowing his demands or precisely who is after him, it's difficult to give a sensible figure.

That won't stop many. Roll up! Roll up! £20k, £30k, £40k. Pick a number, any number!

I cannot understand why you are having a go at people for speculating on a fans forum? I'd stay out the summer transfer window thread if I were you it might reduce you to tears

If another club like that comes in and offers him ridiculous wages he will have to go. But if he goes to one of our relegation rivals you have to look at the board and question first of all why has one of our more important players contract been allowed to wind down and secondly their ambition and where we expect to be in a few years time

Would it still be the board's fault if Andi left for more than your £40k/week maximum?

How would you have got Andi to sign a new contract earlier?

It would not be the boards fault if he left if he was asking for more than 40k a week he is not worth that and it should be our wage ceiling in regards to our best players other than Benteke of course who is exceptional

This is the model Spurs used when they were in transition from being a rubbish side fighting relegation to a good one

I'd give him £35k but without knowing his demands or precisely who is after him, it's difficult to give a sensible figure.

That won't stop many. Roll up! Roll up! £20k, £30k, £40k. Pick a number, any number!

I cannot understand why you are having a go at people for speculating on a fans forum? I'd stay out the summer transfer window thread if I were you it might reduce you to tears

Tears of laughter maybe!

My point is that we don't know the what the finances of Premier League clubs are, let alone what all the managers think of Andi and how much they might want to persuade their Chairman/CEO to offer in a contract. Stating that a player can leave because he isn't worth more than X, but accusing the board of lacking ambition if they offer X - 1, seems pointless. Especially when none of us have little basis on what X actually is.

My point is that we don't know the what the finances of Premier League clubs are, let alone what all the managers think of Andi and how much they might want to persuade their Chairman/CEO to offer in a contract. Stating that a player can leave because he isn't worth more than X, but accusing the board of lacking ambition if they offer X - 1, seems pointless. Especially when none of us have little basis on what X actually is.

Yeah but I kind of covered that in my response and the figure is my opinion of roughly what he's worth :/
  • Like 1

Yeah but I kind of covered that in my response and the figure is my opinion of roughly what he's worth :/

BOF, my response was to others who seem to be saying on one hand - we need to keep AW and if we lose him it shows lack of ambition by the board, and on the other hand - there's no way we should pay AW any more than X.

We can only guess what X should be (just a game) and it is conceivable that AW could leave without the board lacking ambition, i.e. another club offers AW more than X.

Fair enough and I appreciate the clarification. I assumed that it was directed towards me because it was quoting me and seemed related.

• Like 1

Fair enough and I appreciate the clarification. I assumed that it was directed towards me because it was quoting me and seemed related.

I think it was because I agreed with your line - it's difficult to give a sensible figure. For what it's worth and just playing the game, I think £35k/week maximum for AW is a figure I would agree with. However, without the full facts, I'm not ready to complain about our ambition if he leaves for a reported £30k/week at another club or he extends his contract with us at £40k/week. If I read a direct quote from AW saying he'd left because we wouldn't match, say Norwich's offer of, £25k/week, I think I'd be concerned!

Anyhoo, has anyone heard or read anything, other than negotiation posturing, that points to Andi not renewing?

It appears to be all quiet on the Andreas front at the moment and I can understand the focus is on Benteke and on potential new signings but I hope the club have now got somewhere near to getting new contracts with increased wage offers on the table for both players which might possibly settle them and their agents this summer. Weimann is the most likely of the two to sign a new contract without undue delay if it is put before him and it offers a reasonable return for the progress he has made with us and it would be more than a pity if we lost him because we put sorting his situation out on the back burner.   

It appears to be all quiet on the Andreas front at the moment and I can understand the focus is on Benteke and on potential new signings but I hope the club have now got somewhere near to getting new contracts with increased wage offers on the table for both players which might possibly settle them and their agents this summer. Weimann is the most likely of the two to sign a new contract without undue delay if it is put before him and it offers a reasonable return for the progress he has made with us and it would be more than a pity if we lost him because we put sorting his situation out on the back burner.

I'd guess the club have made offers to AW and CB. Their agents will be insisting there's no rush to sign the respective offers and the players will know their options are likely to increase between now September. It would be great for us if they had signed already but it takes two to tango; three if you count the agent! Edited by brommy
  • Like 1

It appears to be all quiet on the Andreas front at the moment and I can understand the focus is on Benteke and on potential new signings but I hope the club have now got somewhere near to getting new contracts with increased wage offers on the table for both players which might possibly settle them and their agents this summer. Weimann is the most likely of the two to sign a new contract without undue delay if it is put before him and it offers a reasonable return for the progress he has made with us and it would be more than a pity if we lost him because we put sorting his situation out on the back burner.   

Without meaning to sound flippant I'm reasonably convinced the club can multi task when it comes to such things. It's relatively quiet because the press aren't interested. 

• Like 1

I really don`t understand if he wants to get a move somewhere(not saying he is mind you) as he would not get anything better than us and there is a bigger chance of him being in the first 11 here. Guess it`s all about the money. 

its not necesarily about anything....

if something hasn't been signed, its entirely feasible that the reason for this is that andi is sitting on a beach somewhere enjoying his two weeks of the year where he can get away from his day job...

there is a distinct possibility that he is entirely relaxed about his situation at villa, which is in line with his last quotes on the matter, and that his contract situation will be resolved when he returns to work, as has always been the plan...

• Like 1

Again just to highlight how young he is, he's over 4 months younger than Baker people don't seem to realize this at all. As I said Lukaku was the only player younger than him to outscore him in the league this year. Sooner he signs the better.

just watched the sweden - austria game, sweden was playing like absolute dog sheit, didnt really see much of weimann either.

maybe thats a good thing, keep a low profile so no more interest gets drummed up hehe

just watched the sweden - austria game, sweden was playing like absolute dog sheit, didnt really see much of weimann either.

maybe thats a good thing, keep a low profile so no more interest gets drummed up hehe

a blocked shot on target and a good header - he only played second half

Edited by gator4

Â