Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Weimann is worth far more than £8-10 million. That is ludicrously low! Compare his age and attributes to other strikers and the price they have sold for. Weimann is worth more than Bent. If he is a 15+ goal striker over next two years I would not sell him for less than £30 million because he has more years in him and greater resell than Van Persie.

Van Persie £30 million transfer to Man Utd aged 29.

Attributes: World Class finishing, playmaking, passing, positional awareness, ball control, set pieces, and ability to link up play. Strong heading. Hardly has a weakness so gets the top price even though he is at the ripe age of 29.

Dzeko £27 million transfer to Man City aged 25.

Attributes: World Class finishing, positional awareness, heading, and has the ability to be the target man who holds up the ball. Doesn't have as strong playmaking, passing and set piece delivery skills like Van Persie but was much younger (which adds a premium) while Van Persie was much older (which gets a discount).

Bent £20 million transfer to Aston Villa aged 27.

Attributes: World Class finishing and positional awareness. Heading ability not special. Lacks strong playmaking skills and does not have the ability to be a target man who can link up play.

Weimann £30+ million aged 21.

Attributes: World Class finishing, and positional awareness. This alone suggests he is worth more than Darren Bent, because he is younger than Darren Bent.

Weimann is better than Bent. Goal against Ipswich suggests he has great headin He also has the ability to hold ball up and link play (goal against Liverpool), and stronger passing and playmaking skills than Bent. He's not as good as Van Persie or Dzeko but it is unknown at this stage how much more he will improve - Van Persie is better at 29 than he was at 21.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, I really like Andi. But "£30+ million"? :lol:

I was thinking that too. He's stood out for half a season in a piss poor team. He may well turn out to be one of the best strikers in Europe.. he could also turn out to be another Luke Moore.

Only time will tell what he can become.

At the moment lets just enjoy him banging in the goals for us!

"and I just can't seem to get enough of Andi!

duh duh duh duh duh uh duh duh duh duh duh

ANDI WEIMANN!"

Nice to see a youngster with the hunger needed to succeed in this league. The lad is going from strength to strength, as been mentioned, Andi is probably one of the few players you could say has had a good season. Even when he's had an off day he's still been invaluable to the team with the work rate he provides.

I seem to post this after every game but I love him so much. Definitely deserves his place in the team on Tuesday. Would it be too extravagant to play a front 5 with him, Bent, Benteke, Gabby, and Nzogbia?

Weimann is worth far more than £8-10 million. That is ludicrously low! Compare his age and attributes to other strikers and the price they have sold for. Weimann is worth more than Bent. If he is a 15+ goal striker over next two years I would not sell him for less than £30 million because he has more years in him and greater resell than Van Persie.

Attributes: World Class finishing, playmaking, passing, positional awareness, ball control, set pieces, and ability to link up play. Strong heading. Hardly has a weakness so gets the top price even though he is at the ripe age of 29.

Attributes: World Class finishing, positional awareness, heading, and has the ability to be the target man who holds up the ball. Doesn't have as strong playmaking, passing and set piece delivery skills like Van Persie but was much younger (which adds a premium) while Van Persie was much older (which gets a discount).

Attributes: World Class finishing and positional awareness. Heading ability not special. Lacks strong playmaking skills and does not have the ability to be a target man who can link up play.

Attributes: World Class finishing, and positional awareness. This alone suggests he is worth more than Darren Bent, because he is younger than Darren Bent.

Weimann is better than Bent. Goal against Ipswich suggests he has great headin He also has the ability to hold ball up and link play (goal against Liverpool), and stronger passing and playmaking skills than Bent. He's not as good as Van Persie or Dzeko but it is unknown at this stage how much more he will improve - Van Persie is better at 29 than he was at 21.

Lay of the meth.......

He is far far from the finished article, which is what your suggesting by valuing him at 30 million.

Some of the statements you have made their are huge and completely unfounded.

He is a fantastic young player who could be huge for us. Lets not get carried away.

You don't half get some stupid things written on here, Weimann 'worth in excess of £30m' really takes the biscuit.

Now back to the real world. I must say I really like Weimann mainly because he has a high footballing IQ. He is always looking to get into space and always looking to out-smart the defender marking him, he simply has great movement. On top of that he's a really smart finisher, he takes his goals really well. His goal yesterday was an absolutely fantastic header.

He's going to become a real player for us over time.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

The magic word in all of this is IF. Next season will be massive for him. He looks a good prospect but he until he's scored regularly over a few seasons then he can't be put in the same bracket as those other strikers.

Weimann on the basis of this season is an £8-12m striker and while that could grow he'll have to score a lot more goals in this league to get close to being a £30m+ striker. Just as a reference on the basis of Benteke and his first season in the league I'd say he's about the same an £8-12m striker, but again this can all change. What is the most important is they are both young and they are both in the right league to push their worth higher just like Bent did. The only reason Van Persie is worth what he is, is down to hard work in a tough league simple as that if Weimann and Benteke put in the work they could be worth a lot to Villa in a few years.

Weimann worth 30M? Yeah right... I like reading on here, but the fan bias towards own team is quite hopeless every once in a while. Yes he has talent, and he has scored a few goals at an early age - but I guess many said the same things about Albrighton a few years ago. He had a superb first rookie season, then he just turned into a pretty bad one compared to the best in the Prem. I guess if a better club like Tottenham, Everton or Arsenal came in with an offer it would be around 6-8M at max.

Weimann worth 30M? Yeah right... I like reading on here, but the fan bias towards own team is quite hopeless every once in a while. Yes he has talent, and he has scored a few goals at an early age - but I guess many said the same things about Albrighton a few years ago. He had a superb first rookie season, then he just turned into a pretty bad one compared to the best in the Prem. I guess if a better club like Tottenham, Everton or Arsenal came in with an offer it would be around 6-8M at max.

The thing with a player's worth though is it's subjective. If Everton, Spurs or Arsenal came in with a bid of £6-8m, then I imagine we'd tell them to do one. Therefore he is 'worth' a lot more. Whether someone wants to pay what he's worth to us is another thing - I'm sure no one does, but he is worth a lot more than that to us - and we decide his value.

If someone came in with a bid of £8m for Weimann I suspect we might accept it.

I don't know Trent, I imagine that PL would throw his toys out of the pram if Weimann was sold without his permission.

Â