Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Will be good to see Villa among the goal of the month contenders again - maybe goal of the season contenders too? I haven't seen Weimann's goal from the very start of the 16 passes - MOTD only showed the last couple of passes when Bannan left Lucas (I think) on his arse and played it forward.

knowing MOTD it wont even be nominated and Gerrard will win for his header

What he does isn't pretty at all, he just gets the ball on target.

He miscontrols easy passes a lot, battling well for the ball, but his technique generally isn't all that, it'll probably stop him reaching the very top.

He's very effective, similar to Hernandez, love having him in the team.

You are seriously underrating both his and Hernandez's ability to finish. He has a wonderful strike in him, Darren Bent was right the kid is a natural. His movement and awareness off the ball are excellent and I've yet to see any Holman like issues with his control.

He does, at times, get a little carried away. He's very enthusiastic and he will run into blind alleys with the ball at his feet. But he's a striker, a proper one, so I'm happy to forgive him for it.

I really really like him and I think the Chicharito comparison is spot on.

I remember hisa first Pl game ( it hink it was his first) against wham 2 years ago. He was fuming at Carew for taking the shot when Weimann was in a better position. I really liked him for that. Then his goal against fulham was a poachers goal. He started to run when Gardner took the shot. Then I thought that this could be a really good striker in the future. This season I think he's starting to prove that more and more. Right now I think the position is his to lose. Weimannator.

I remember a friendly against Walsall (think he scored twice) what I liked about him was that whenever we got the ball wide he was busting a gut to get in to scoring positions, great trait as a striker to have.... So glad he has continued his development and is starting to be a valuable player for us... In the next few yrs with continued development, could be a 20 goal a season striker.... Another great tribute to the academy

Gotta admit ive been a skeptic - but his partnership with Bentekke really looks something special. Early on - I thought he got over excited in front of goal - but now he looks a lot more relaxed. Hope he gets a rest now and again - the workrate he puts in - might mean we have to be a bit cautious with week in \ week out fixtures - don't want him to burn out

Gotta admit ive been a skeptic - but his partnership with Bentekke really looks something special. Early on - I thought he got over excited in front of goal - but now he looks a lot more relaxed. Hope he gets a rest now and again - the workrate he puts in - might mean we have to be a bit cautious with week in \ week out fixtures - don't want him to burn out

It seems like that is exactly what they are doing. He has started 8 matches in the PL and 3 in the cup. He played the last two against Liverpool and Norwich, but he did not play in the two matches before that against Stoke and QPR. Before those two matches where he had a break, he played the five matches against Reading, Arsenal, City, United and Sunderland. Seems like a good move to rest him a couple of matches.

That pass through to benteke for the 2nd goal was bloody brilliant.

What was more impressive was what came after. Having delivered the pass, he sprinted full into the box expecting the return pass then took the shot with his first touch.

Similarly against Norwich in the league cup - having realised Benteke won the ball in a dangerous position, he sprinted to the box for the pass and took his shot with his first touch.

These are things that are difficult to learn but they seem to come naturally to him. I think he'll be a top quality striker for us.

I really like Andi. Had that awful injury, came back, got on with it when he was getting very little game time.

He got a few goals, missed lots of chances but kept coming back stronger for it and now we are reaping the rewards. Touch, smart, quick and his finishing is improving every game. Who would bave ever thought a year ago that our starting strikers causing carnage through the league would be Weimann and Benteke!!

His improvement is exceptional though and there is much more to come.

It seems like that is exactly what they are doing. He has started 8 matches in the PL and 3 in the cup. He played the last two against Liverpool and Norwich, but he did not play in the two matches before that against Stoke and QPR. Before those two matches where he had a break, he played the five matches against Reading, Arsenal, City, United and Sunderland. Seems like a good move to rest him a couple of matches.

Yes he had a mare against Reading and was hauled off and dropped for Stoke and QPR.

Lambert mentioned he needed a rest and he seems to have come back firing after his break.

Yes he had a mare against Reading and was hauled off and dropped for Stoke and QPR.

Lambert mentioned he needed a rest and he seems to have come back firing after his break.

I could be wrong but wasn't he played wider in the Reading game? It's only been the last few games that we've gone with two up front isn't it??

Â