Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

Agree Rodney Marsh should be sent to a North Korean jail.

But it's hard to know what to feel about this.

Delph like Benteke wanted to leave, in Benteke's case he only stayed because Spurs pulled out - he was rewarded with a new contract because the deal collapsed.

I don't get why the U-Turn, I hope it doesn't turn out to be because Man City pulled out.

If he stays and continues to improve though and we continue to build the squad around him then all good, but something here doesn't feel right.

I also maintain he isn't as consistent or affective as some make out, but I think under Tim and a re-enforced squad with positive attacking intent he'll flourish.

I wouldn't be surprised if the club knew he was staying all along and the whole thing was a big PR stunt.

It's a football club, Useless, not the CIA.

I'm not trying to argue it as a fact just saying I wouldn't be surprised. I think it would be slightly naive to think that the club doesn't know how to play the media by extension the fans. Whichever way it's spun the main thing is that he's staying.

What did Marsh say?

That Delph would rather stay and go nowhere than go to City and fight for a place and that the fact he almost joined City shows he is not loyal, or words to that effect

• Like 1

He may have had talks with Man City and wasn't given the guarantees he wanted regarding first team football. Anyway, who cares, he's a Villa player and that's a huge boost for the club. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the club knew he was staying all along and the whole thing was a big PR stunt.

It's a football club, Useless, not the CIA.

As you say that I'm watching Zeitgeist : The Movie.

I now believe Fabian Delph is actually our new Messiah and is in fact here to see us into the age of Aquarius... Would explain all the fish puns?

Delph like Benteke wanted to leave, in Benteke's case he only stayed because Spurs pulled out - he was rewarded with a new contract because the deal collapsed.

I don't get why the U-Turn, I hope it doesn't turn out to be because Man City pulled out.

If he stays and continues to improve though and we continue to build the squad around him then all good, but something here doesn't feel right.

How do we know Delph wanted leave. Everything he has said (and, as far as we know, done) suggests the complete opposite.

Ohhhhhh! The papers said so! Those good, old, reliable papers. Trustworthy lot. Gospel.

We should all do ourselves a favour and believe what happens, not what the media predict will happen.

• Like 4

I hope he doesn't read this forum :D

I think the number of pro footballers who view their own clubs forums would be surprisingly high.

If I was a footballer I would. Human curiosity isn't it?

Â