Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

This guy is getting better and better. Him and Westwood starting to make our midfield look organised and not the walkover we were over Christmas.

I think the problem was Bannan - as not playing alongside an Oompa Lumpa is doing this guy loads of good.

Yeah his touches are a bit off and I don't think he's as good of a passer as Westwood, but he certainly gets around and covers so much ground. He really can get forward very well too. Much, much better than Bannan.

Edited by Kwan

Those who think he did well today are just surfing on the crest of the happy wave. If we had drawn today, which was a very real possibility right up until the last few seconds, everyone would be slating him. He wasn't anything special today in a game where anyone who had any quality could have stood out like a sore thumb.

Expectation levels from him are so low that when he does have an average game people are relieved.

Still not a Premiership player. But as Trent says, would still have him in the team over Bannan.

I thought he was very good. Can run with the ball, hit it too far ahead at times, but dodged a few tackles and looked like a bit of a box to box midfielder today which I cant say I've seen since Jimmy!

Trying to decipher if Delph is any good or not is like trying to solve a complex puzzle, hidden in a confuddling conundrum.

After an amazing debut, he has spent the rest of his time at the club either on the treatment table or on the pitch being generally woeful.

I'd finally given up on him and come to the conclusion he belonged firmly in the league we signed him from.

Now all of a sudden he's starting to show glimpses of the talent I thought he had we when signed him. He's not been amazing and there is huge room for improvement, but the signs are there IMO. He's started to take the ball on the turn more and look to drive forward. He's actually beat a man a few times and his forward passing is coming on. A couple of goals would help.

I think the guy deserves some credit for his determination to try and make it here and if he builds on his last 4-5 games he might just do it.

• Like 1

Thought Delph had an excellent game today. He is much better when he plays in an attacking midfield position and gave us a new dimension.

Some of his touches were heavy but imo he will improve as his confidence grows. Hopefully Lambert will persist with this formation and allow Delph to continue in the same role.

I still don't really rate him. His first touch is often too heavy and some of his decision making is terrible, he works hard I will give him that but that is about all.

Not picking on you but I thought his touch looked quality today; for instance there were a few hoofs from their goalie and defenders he instantly controlled with his first touch which should not go unnoticed.

Again his build-up play and one-touch passes with others was very good today and he showed glimpses of exceptional skill, most notably when he skipped past a few players and then got fouled by Pogatetz.

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang

Â