Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I still don't really rate him. His first touch is often too heavy and some of his decision making is terrible, he works hard I will give him that but that is about all.

Not picking on you but I thought his touch looked quality today; for instance there were a few hoofs from their goalie and defenders he instantly controlled with his first touch which should not go unnoticed.

Again his build-up play and one-touch passes with others was very good today and he showed glimpses of exceptional skill, most notably when he skipped past a few players and then got fouled by Pogatetz.

100℅ agree and I've been a critic in the past. Keep it up Delph

Glad that he's starting to step up. Thought he'd need a decent run in our side, which he's never really gotten due to two major injuries and some small ones all too frequently.
His injury proness worries me, if he manages to stay injury free I think he could become a very decent player for us come next year regardless of us going down or not.

Really good game today. He played with drive and purpose and looked comfortable with the ball at his feet. 

Totally changed my mind on him, good game today! He still has major faults though, a few times today he beat a couple of players then had an unforced heavy touch giving the ball away. If he learns to not try to do too much and pass earlier then this will be a great side to his game, one of his plus sides when he joined was the ability to beat a man.

I also facepalm some of his tackling (however not all as I used to).

Overall he is improving over the past few weeks which is great, I think the guy thrives under pressure! Keep it up Fab!!

Him and N'Zogbia both seem to have come in to good form.

Delph has a very heavy touch but his reactions and intelligence have definitely improved, I do think he's a better footballer than he's given credit for because he is clumsy.

He's playing very fluidly at the moment, he reacts to any mistakes or poor control immediately and his covering the entire pitch, good to see :)

Its so strange with him. One minute he does something wonderful like that mini run he did to draw the foul. Then the next play his touch with noone around went 3 metres to the opposition.

Hes still young though.. I wouldnt sell him.. i just dont think hes good enough yet to be a starter.

I still don't really rate him. His first touch is often too heavy and some of his decision making is terrible, he works hard I will give him that but that is about all.

Not picking on you but I thought his touch looked quality today; for instance there were a few hoofs from their goalie and defenders he instantly controlled with his first touch which should not go unnoticed.

Again his build-up play and one-touch passes with others was very good today and he showed glimpses of exceptional skill, most notably when he skipped past a few players and then got fouled by Pogatetz.

On at least 3 occasions he tried to run the ball out from the edge of our box only for his touch to be too heavy and him knock it way ahead of himself. Each time he lost the ball to a West Ham player resulting in us being put back under pressure. He didn't have a bad game but his first touch was at time simply terrible as it has frequently been when he plays.

Signs of improvement, but still gives the ball away too often for me. I was surprised that he got man of the match by the sponsors yesterday - he wasn't brilliant by any means (none of them were, apart from Guzan). It kind of felt like he was voted MOTM as a kind of 'sympathy shag' you might give your missus when she is feeling down in the dumps.

I would have given MOTM to Brad for his saves, or even 'moody Charles' - great free kick goal and another occasion where he seemed 'up for it.' Which is just what we need too.

On at least 3 occasions he tried to run the ball out from the edge of our box only for his touch to be too heavy and him knock it way ahead of himself. Each time he lost the ball to a West Ham player resulting in us being put back under pressure. He didn't have a bad game but his first touch was at time simply terrible as it has frequently been when he plays.

Yep, it was hardly a quality performance, no one really played that well (aside from Clark). Delph had a very good first half but not a great second, overall he did pretty well but nothing more.

IF we can get through this season and get that magical 17th place I really hope we can go and buy a strong, good quality central midfielder with a bit of experience. I think Delph, and to some extent Bannan will thrive beside someone like that and get their confidence flowing.

Thought he was motm. He really covered the ground between the midfield and the defenders like we've needed for so many games now. One of the main reasons wham didn't create that much. And when they did our defenders were on their toes. Keep it coming, Delph.

He came here as a young lad who was being raved about. Started OK-ish, but got the injuries.

He is now getting a run in the team, and in the last 6 or so games, with a defined role alongside Westwood. The result is that we are starting to see a player who is genuinely capable in this league. I think we need to stick with him over the rest of the season, and into next season, and we could end up with a decent player on our hands.

There is no point getting rid because he isn't great - MON did that in the halcyon days, and right now, I think most of us would love to have Gardner ©, Ridgewell and especally Cahill still in the squad. ****, we'd probably take Curtis Davies, Zat Knight and few few other 'rejects' back right now!

We should always get rid of the utter shite, and demand high fees for the good ones. Decent ones paid accordingly can always be useful. That's what Man U have done, and that is why Wes Brown and John O'Shea have Champions League winners medals!

According to the stats on the OS, Delph made 43 successful passes out of 47, 4 out of 7 take ons, 6 successful interceptions and 5 successful tackles out of 5.  In the past I have not thought that he was good enough, but those are very impressive statistics.

According to the stats on the OS, Delph made 43 successful passes out of 47, 4 out of 7 take ons, 6 successful interceptions and 5 successful tackles out of 5.  In the past I have not thought that he was good enough, but those are very impressive statistics.

Oh joy more stats. I judge players on what I see rather than on sums on a spread sheet.

Â