Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I got pretty much laughed at for suggesting before he resigned that we should be doing everything we can to keep him and build a team around him as he'll turn into a proper player.

I never thought we'd see it in this season though! He really could be somethign very special.

• Like 1

I have just recently been able to start going to matches (blame geography) and I am just about learning all the songs, BUT probably the player that deserves a song the most, one of our players of the season, who signed a new contract against all odds, one of our stars and best performer and our captain does not have a song ! please somebody that is creative, make something up ! He really really deserves it ! 

When he was young
The pitch length he would run
He was scoring goals just for fun
And assists to Ron..
Livin' large
We think of all the goals he ever scored
Match balls that he has stored

And players he's floored..

FAAAB-IIIII-AAAAN DEEEELPPHHHHH

I wanna be.. FAAAB-IIIII-AAAAN DEEEELPPHHHHH

• Like 1

Does anyone else wonder if the players are responding not just to Sherwood and all he's seemed to bring but also playing under Delph as captain?

I know we've procrastinated over the virtues and impact of a captain in modern day football on here previously but I get the feeling that the rest of the squad look up to Delph despite his relative young age.

I think when you have an average or unassuming captain it probably doesnt necessarily affect a team much either way but I think a genuinely good captain can have a majorly galvanising effect, which is what I believe we have in Fabian.

I agree with this.  I think Vlaar is a good captain in the "traditional" sense.  He's got a sensible head on him, organises people well and will give strong commands.

However, Delph is much more of a character.  He's got a sort of... cheeky chappy thing about him.  I think the players as a group get on well (this was always said during Lambert's darkest days as well), but having Delph as a likeable yet strong personality on the pitch will likely improve things further.

When he signed the new deal, I was one of the first to say he simply doesn't give enough end product.  Runs with the ball, loses it.  Runs with the ball, passes to the opposition.  It was happening every single game.  Now, however, he's linking up everything beautifully.  The introduction of Grealish has helped as well.  They seem to interchange in tight spaces down the left on a regular occurance - in fact, Delph seems to play pretty much as a left winger at times.

His current form is a joy to behold.  He's starting to fulfil the promise of that £8m purchase many years ago.  Potential club legend?

I put this in the chants thread, it's pretty simple and to the tune of my old man's a dustman...

Oh Fabian Delph is magic, he wears a magic hat

He could've left the Villa but he said no f*ck that

He passes with left foot, he passes with his right 

And when we win the FA Cup we'll sing this song all night....

Well I thought it was good anyway...

Here's to you, captain Fabian Delph. Villa loves you more than you will know. Woah, oh, ohhhhhhh!

We need to save this tune for when Callum Robinson becomes the next super striker.

• Like 1

Does anyone else wonder if the players are responding not just to Sherwood and all he's seemed to bring but also playing under Delph as captain?

I know we've procrastinated over the virtues and impact of a captain in modern day football on here previously but I get the feeling that the rest of the squad look up to Delph despite his relative young age.

I think when you have an average or unassuming captain it probably doesnt necessarily affect a team much either way but I think a genuinely good captain can have a majorly galvanising effect, which is what I believe we have in Fabian.

I agree with this.  I think Vlaar is a good captain in the "traditional" sense.  He's got a sensible head on him, organises people well and will give strong commands.

However, Delph is much more of a character.  He's got a sort of... cheeky chappy thing about him.  I think the players as a group get on well (this was always said during Lambert's darkest days as well), but having Delph as a likeable yet strong personality on the pitch will likely improve things further.

When he signed the new deal, I was one of the first to say he simply doesn't give enough end product.  Runs with the ball, loses it.  Runs with the ball, passes to the opposition.  It was happening every single game.  Now, however, he's linking up everything beautifully.  The introduction of Grealish has helped as well.  They seem to interchange in tight spaces down the left on a regular occurance - in fact, Delph seems to play pretty much as a left winger at times.

His current form is a joy to behold.  He's starting to fulfil the promise of that £8m purchase many years ago.  Potential club legend?

This legend thing is bandied about too easily, early days for Delph yet. However, he has been fantastic under Sherwood, and Benteke, Delph, Grealish is a fantastic little triumvirate.

I also think Clark is a better and more natural captain.

i thought...

He came from Leeds United

He gets us all excited

He F***** Hates United

His Name is Fabian Delph,Fabian Delph

to the adams family tune was his song lol my bad

I like how you rhymed United with United. And then excited as well. 

It's very very very good

• Like 1

i thought...

He came from Leeds United

He gets us all excited

He F***** Hates United

His Name is Fabian Delph,Fabian Delph

to the adams family tune was his song lol my bad

I like how you rhymed United with United. And then excited as well.

It's very very very good

i didnt it was sang by some lads top of the holte 2 seasons back

His back heel to prevent a corner near the end of the game was top class and set up a counter attack. Such a cool guy and a cool player. :)

That was class

Â