Fabian Delph

davidplatt7

I love Fabian Delph. I've fawned over him many a time.

That was his best performance for us. Ever. Astonishing. Best midfielder in the country right now and should win player of the month.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Fabian Delph was amazing against Everton but, in truth, he's been excellent ever since he signed that new deal. He's also taken the armband and shown what it's like to Captain a football club.

He will be the first name on Roy Hodgson's team-sheet the way he's going, and quite rightly so!

That £8m investment from MON is looking like an absolute steal right now. In fact, Delph is playing so well that you could easily see him in a Barcelona midfield. He's better than Rakotic in my opinion!

When was he actually given the captain's armband full time instead of Vlaar, to me that was a masterstroke as that's produced an extra 5-10% from his game.

He's a world away from the poor form he was showing even in the weeks after he'd signed his new deal.

Does anyone else wonder if the players are responding not just to Sherwood and all he's seemed to bring but also playing under Delph as captain?

I know we've procrastinated over the virtues and impact of a captain in modern day football on here previously but I get the feeling that the rest of the squad look up to Delph despite his relative young age.

I think when you have an average or unassuming captain it probably doesnt necessarily affect a team much either way but I think a genuinely good captain can have a majorly galvanising effect, which is what I believe we have in Fabian.

• Like 2

Could Delph be Oneill's best ever signing? Up to now I thought it was Young or possibly Milner but Delph may well surpass them. For me he has more skill than Milner anyway.

I wouldn't swap him for either as things stand right now. I don't know, hard to compare as we were a totally different side then with higher ambitions and a different mentality.

Certainly goes down as a fantastic purchase.

Guest av1

I remember the Fiorentina Manager lavishing praise on him during a pre season friendly (may have even been his debut?), it may have took a few years due to injury but that fella was spot on.

I remember the Fiorentina Manager lavishing praise on him during a pre season friendly (may have even been his debut?), it may have took a few years due to injury but that fella was spot on.

I remember that game. IIRC, he hit the crossbar. I was a huge fan from that day forward (even though the next week we lost 3-0 to Wigan with him starting!)
  • Like 1

I've been a skeptic even after he signed his new deal, cuz he was not a consistent player, and even after the new deal, he had a couple of pretty bad games. But he's been another to flourish under Sherwood, it's a real pleasure watching him play with more freedom. He's a threat now. Totally wasted under Lambert.

Remember my leeds mate telling me about Delph when he signed, he was gutted to see him leave and told me we had an absolute gem.  Really raving about him, and to be honest I've had to wait a long time to see the player he described...but he's here now and hopefully to stay :)

I've been a skeptic even after he signed his new deal, cuz he was not a consistent player, and even after the new deal, he had a couple of pretty bad games. But he's been another to flourish under Sherwood, it's a real pleasure watching him play with more freedom. He's a threat now. Totally wasted under Lambert.

May I remind you he is our current Player Of The Season (2013/2014) should win it this season too. He has been consistently good for years now. But yes he has looked even more immense since Sherwood came in.

In the pre-match thread I stated we would be 2 or 3 nill up early because they won't be able to handle Delph. He has an invaluable skill of being able to take out complete midfields either by skills or a searing burst of pace. 

Some of the stuff he was doing on Saturday was mind-boggling. 

We just need to find a song for him now.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

May I remind you he is our current Player Of The Season (2013/2014) should win it this season too. He has been consistently good for years now. But yes he has looked even more immense since Sherwood came in.

In the pre-match thread I stated we would be 2 or 3 nill up early because they won't be able to handle Delph. He has an invaluable skill of being able to take out complete midfields either by skills or a searing burst of pace. 

As good as he was last season he was still inconsistent and he was still the best of a bad bunch.

Until Sherwood arrived I think he was quite poor this season. Now he is out of this world, by far our best midfielder since Milner, maybe better.

If he improves his shooting from outside the box and starts scoring those 3-4 extra goals a season he would be out of this world.

Not particularly imaginative or original but:

'He's here, he's there, he's everyfkingwhere it's Fabian Delph, it's Fabian Delph'

Â