Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

On trial at Blackpool, scored a couple in a friendly this weekend.

They are absolutly desperate for players so he should be able to get himself a nice pay day if he plays his cards right.

If they're that desperate , I suppose I could play for them for a reasonable fee ;)

• 7 months later...

I said this a year or so ago, but he needed to be out on loan instead of getting a £20k+ week contract here for sitting on the bench only playing in cup games.

He had talent, was woefully mismanaged and will probably be a part time footballer when the season ends and his contract runs out at Blackpool.

• 2 months later...

Was it a waste of talent? Did he actually have any? His finishing was woeful. He's one of those players I look at and can't figure out how he's a professional footballer. 

Never rated him. Always looked rubbish every time I saw him play for us, and looked even worse when he stepped down a league. 

Awful footballer. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Was it a waste of talent? Did he actually have any? His finishing was woeful. He's one of those players I look at and can't figure out how he's a professional footballer. 

Never rated him. Always looked rubbish every time I saw him play for us, and looked even worse when he stepped down a league. 

Awful footballer. 

Have to agree with Mr. Face on this one!

I was never super impressed with him, but he had raw talents and certainly didn't look out of place in some of early European appearances.
Wasn't blessed with great pace or skill but had a finish in him. So it seemed at the time anyways.

Yes he had talent and pace . He came into the side very young but I did hear that there was an attitude problem and he one these kids that thought he had made it before he did. 

Yes he had talent and pace . He came into the side very young but I did hear that there was an attitude problem and he one these kids that thought he had made it before he did. 

From what I remember at the time, we were very insistent on him going out on loan and learning his trade.

When we signed Delph we wanted him to go there on loan as part of the deal but he refused.

I think he eventually went out when he was maybe 21?

Too late.

I am sure the fact he was picking up £20k a week didn't help his development.

Edited by rodders0223

Awful footballer. 

I always thought he lacked that extra yard of pace/sharpness really but he did score a few goals in europe/the cups back then.

He should've gone on a season long loan in 09/10, we went out of europe early and had Carew, Gabby, Heskey and Young who could play as forwards. He spent the season bench warming and then didn't look ready the next season when he was thrown in when all those got injured.

Not good enough for the premier league but he really shouldn't go the way of Stefan Moore, that would be down to attitude.

Awful footballer. 

I always thought he lacked that extra yard of pace/sharpness really but he did score a few goals in europe/the cups back then.

He should've gone on a season long loan in 09/10, we went out of europe early and had Carew, Gabby, Heskey and Young who could play as forwards. He spent the season bench warming and then didn't look ready the next season when he was thrown in when all those got injured.

Not good enough for the premier league but he really shouldn't go the way of Stefan Moore, that would be down to attitude.

yep, ive said it a few times on here about him needing to be out on loan rather than playing in our reserves and sometimes on the bench here. whenever he did play in the league it was usually 5 minute sub appearances. 

he was highly rated by a lot of people at villa park but it was absolutely ridiculous to give him that 4 year 20k a week contract.

Â