Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

I thought Delf looked quite decent, but never an out and out striker. 

He tanked in two loans at Blackpool which must be a fair indication that he isn't very good.

maybe someone needs to change the subject to at loan at Coventry.

even if he does ok at Coventry what will that tell anyone? He can make it in the lower leagues?

Kind of feel sorry for delf

Unlike some people in our team pretending to be a premiership footballer he's happy to go out on loan on a regular basis to play football and get some action

He was never given an extended run in the first team but he's ok at championship level

I think we all know Delfouneso wasn't a great player and probably won't be a regular premiership player. But whilst he was still on the books and so we were paying his wages, he could have been utilised instead of the likes of Bowery. Who we had to pay a fee for and pay his wages and in all likelihood he just as unlikely to make it at this level.

He's looked shite every time I see him play. Over the years he's been hailed as this "natural finisher",,,, whenever i've seen him play he looks everything but. 

Glad we're finally getting him off the books. 

Never been good enough for me reminds me of the Moore brothers

People keep mentioning these, but Luke Moore played until this season for Swansea, who finished above Villa last season AND won the League Cup. How is that bad? As I stated earlier, Delfouneso will be back in the Premier League for another team. Maybe that is the only comparison you can have with ONE of the Moore brothers.

Edited by momo

People keep mentioning these, but Luke Moore played until this season for Swansea, who finished above Villa last season AND won the League Cup. How is that bad? As I stated earlier, Delfouneso will be back in the Premier League for another team. Maybe that is the only comparison you can have with ONE of the Moore brothers.

I very much doubt he will be.

That doesn't really mean anything. Luke Moore wasn't even close to being one of their key players last season.

• Like 1

That doesn't really mean anything. Luke Moore wasn't even close to being one of their key players last season.

So? You guys talk about him like he was playing in a non-league team. Actually he made it back in a strong team that played great football and finished above Villa. And he won more medals than he would have with Villa. Doing a Luke Moore isn't a bad thing, it's good actually.

So? You guys talk about him like he was playing in a non-league team. Actually he made it back in a strong team that played great football and finished above Villa. And he won more medals than he would have with Villa. Doing a Luke Moore isn't a bad thing, it's good actually.

I don't think he's non-league standard, but the fact that he was a bit-part player for a club that finished a few places higher than us and won a cup doesn't suddenly make him a decent player. You're comparing the fortunes of a single player to an entire team.

I don't know I think Luke Moore and Delfouneso could have been good enough but neither of them improved from their teens. Both probably had more talent than Gabby so ????

I don't think he's non-league standard, but the fact that he was a bit-part player for a club that finished a few places higher than us and won a cup doesn't suddenly make him a decent player. You're comparing the fortunes of a single player to an entire team.

Well, a player is defined by the team he plays for. Swansea is a PL club and Luke played there and scored in the PL for them. I would call that a good story.

I know about a bit part player at Chelsea called Bertrand. He is third choice at LB, behind a right footed player. Doesn't make him a failure at all.

Well, a player is defined by the team he plays for. Swansea is a PL club and Luke played there and scored in the PL for them. I would call that a good story.

I know about a bit part player at Chelsea called Bertrand. He is third choice at LB, behind a right footed player. Doesn't make him a failure at all.

So by this logic then Tom Cleverley is one of the best midfielders in the PL? He played for title-winning Man United last season after all. Or is Jordan Bowery now several times better than he was 2 years ago just because plays for a Premier League side now?

This logic makes no sense at all. As DDID said, a player is defined by their ability.

• Like 1

So by this logic then Tom Cleverley is one of the best midfielders in the PL? He played for title-winning Man United last season after all. Or is Jordan Bowery now several times better than he was 2 years ago just because plays for a Premier League side now?

This logic makes no sense at all. As DDID said, a player is defined by their ability.

So Tom Cleverley is a failure? Really? Jordan Bowery has still neither scored in the PL, nor won anything. Luke has many times, so I am totally in disagreement with the notion that going the way of Luke Moore is a failure.

The point about Luke Moore is this, he was regarded as one of the hottest prospects the country had seen, similar to the levels Owen was hitting at junior levels and if we are honest he may not be a failure in terms of his career but in terms of what could of been, its a massive disappointment.

Remember watching the u21's at VP against an Arsenal side containing Wilshire and the Fonz looked a far better player than young Jack.

That side also contained Clark, Bannan, Herd, Hogg and Forrester.

However sometimes players can make that transition to the first team and others don't and we seem to have more than our fair share of those that don't. I don't particularly know why? Our youth teams seem to be great but very few make it through compared to the likes of Southampton for example. They have Shaw, Lallana, Cork, Chambers and Ward-Prowse in the current team and have also produced Shearer, Bale, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain in earlier years. Our youths seem to burst onto the scene with loads of promise then disappear.

The point about Luke Moore is this, he was regarded as one of the hottest prospects the country had seen, similar to the levels Owen was hitting at junior levels and if we are honest he may not be a failure in terms of his career but in terms of what could of been, its a massive disappointment.

Yes, I can almost agree with that. Except the comparison to Owen which is a bit rich. He was a key player for Liverpool at 16/17, Luke was not considered to other than a hot prospect at that age.

Yes, I can almost agree with that. Except the comparison to Owen which is a bit rich. He was a key player for Liverpool at 16/17, Luke was not considered to other than a hot prospect at that age.

Not quite. He was 17 when he made his debut and almost 18 by the time he became a regular.

Â