Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

McDonald said Weimann has been scoring and playing better preseason so he gave him the nod ahead of The Fonz. Sidwell was injured, slight achilles thing I think.

Oh right, I didn't hear/read that.

Bit worrying he still put Heskey ahead of him

No its not, with Gabby out of contention you want someone with a bit of experience of the bench rather than 2 kids.

Kev Mac basically said Weimann was the man in better form so picked him ahead of the Fonz

How does that justify having Heskey on the bench ahead of him though? :lol: :winkold:

Kev Mac basically said Weimann was the man in better form so picked him ahead of the Fonz

How does that justify having Heskey on the bench ahead of him though? :lol: :winkold:

Good point , but if Kevin Mac is going on pre-season form Heskey probably had a better pre-season than the Fonz , much as i hate to say it :winkold:

He also said Andy Weimann won the battle with Nathan Delfouneso because he's been the man in form.

"In terms of Andy and Nathan - it was just my own thoughts. Nathan hasn't scored for a couple of games and Andy scored two goals at Walsall.

"I just thought if we are under a little bit of pressure we could throw him on and you never know.

"Nathan is very much a confidence player - he needs goals at the moment to give him a boost."

KM said this

Â