Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

Officially released, we might as well shut the academy down, he was absolutely brilliant a few years ago

Sadly the clue is in the last four words of your post. He looked a great prospect at 17/18 and as I recall he had fair few chances under MON. For me he just never kicked on. I always had him as a poor man's Gabby when Gabby was making an effort.

Can't we just stop talking about him now? 109 pages is about 108 pages more than he deserves.

hopefully you havent seen the Bannan thread :P

Edited by Zatman

Officially released, we might as well shut the academy down, he was absolutely brilliant a few years ago

Sadly the clue is in the last four words of your post. He looked a great prospect at 17/18 and as I recall he had fair few chances under MON. For me he just never kicked on. I always had him as a poor man's Gabby when Gabby was making an effort.

In reply to SGC wouldn't go as far to say he was 'absolutely brilliant'. I'd say Ronaldo or Messi was absolutely brilliant. The best he ever showed was a bit of potential. For some reason that turned to ratshit and he's now mediocre at League 1. Non League within 2 years and driivng taxis in 4! 

Edited by Xela

If Bowery had Fonz's ability he wouldn't be total shite, just a middle of the road Championship player.

Didn't Fonz just come back from a loan with a League 1 club where he did absolutely naff all?

If Bowery had Fonz's ability he wouldn't be total shite, just a middle of the road Championship player.

Didn't Fonz just come back from a loan with a League 1 club where he did absolutely naff all?

A poor Championship club in Blackpool, who stayed up.

Bowery was on loan at Doncaster, who got relegated.

No but unless I imagined it Fonz also went out to Coventry and he played plenty but barely scored. What I'm saying is it's debatable whether he's even good enough for League 1.

• Like 1

No but unless I imagined it Fonz also went out to Coventry and he played plenty but barely scored. What I'm saying is it's debatable whether he's even good enough for League 1.

So he did! Certainly a fair debate in that case.

I'll just state I'd rather have Delfouneso here than Bowery, but it really is a battle of two poor footballers.

• 1 month later...
Â