Nathan Delfouneso

Ulver

He just can't have the mentality for it though.

Players like Bowery in the first team squad ahead of him is perfect incentive to really knuckle down.

Mustn't fancy it.

Lambert's not exactly well known for giving players a chance if their face doesn't fit though.

Players like Bowery in the first team squad ahead of him is perfect incentive to really knuckle down.

Mustn't fancy it.

Lambert's not exactly well known for giving players a chance if their face doesn't fit though.

He's had more than enough chances and his attitude stinks, well documented.

Shame that's at the expense of Grant Holt being in it though.

lol what turd

How do you know? He looks like a nice guy. We will probably see him for a team in the PL when he matures a bit. A goal against Villa, I think.

Edited by momo

Mustn't fancy it.

Shame that's at the expense of Grant Holt being in it though.

lol what turd

Could you point me in the direction of said documentation?

I hate all the stuff about his attitude, there has never really been any evidence of it other than a few non attributed mutterings. At times I've thought he looked lazy on the pitch but I'm not sure that automatically means a bad attitude. Personally I just don't think he is very good, never have done.

It seems though that the 'bad attitude' label is quickly attached to any youth prospect who is heralded by people as the next big thing but who for whatever reason doesn't quite make it.

People seemingly would rather say a player had the talent and not the attitude rather than admit that they might just have been wrong in the first place.

Not all players that do well at youth level but don't make the grade in the Premier League have bad attitudes.

• Like 2

he’s missing the 1% that means you either make it or don’t make it at the highest level. I can’t explain why, its just not going to happen for him.

All I can feel is sadness that he won’t achieve anything with Villa. Sad for him. Sad for the club. But thats football.

Bowery what started two prem games so it was hardly a massive amount of chances, the Fonz has actually started a prem game under Paul Lambert and was swiftly sent packing straight after that game on loan which says it all to me.

Honestly Fonz back here would just be 5th choice. At 23 that isn't the way forward. Anyway these Bowery comparisons are silly as wheelchairdino wasn't even making the bench himself when Kozak was fit.

But it figures that he would've made the bench with Kozak out. As I said previously, I don't believe that Holt has offered anything more than Bowery did in his appearences off the bench earlier in the season.

• Like 1

I'd have liked to have seen him given the opportunities that Bowery was given last year. I think he'd have done better.

He had already had and failed to take his opportunities though, Bowery was given his chance last season and also didn't take it.

Not sure I see the issue. We had a player that wasn't good enough and who had been given lots of chances to prove himself. In his place we took a cheap punt on someone, gave them a few chances but they probably aren't good enough and so will move on themselves sooner or later.

He has played under a number of managers at Villa and played for various clubs on loan and never really done anything.

Yet you think he should have got a run of games, not just appearances but starts at Villa?

I just don't think he ever did enough to suggest he deserved that.

According to Wiki he has 18 goals in 123 career appearances, there is a reason he is now in league one.

Yeah I don't get the fascination. A couple different regimes and two or three starts from him kind of explains it all. Never been overly impressed.

People are really obsessed over this whole Bowery/Holt thing when neither has contributed a lot of minutes in general to the first team. Delfouneso just scored his first goal in almost a year. Gardner is on the bench for Sheff Wed. Neither of them has been lighting it up on their loans and Delfouneso has had several extended loan spells. Guess there's not a lot of things to complain about over a long week?

Edited by Kwan

He has played under a number of managers at Villa and played for various clubs on loan and never really done anything.

Yet you think he should have got a run of games, not just appearances but starts at Villa?

I just don't think he ever did enough to suggest he deserved that.

According to Wiki he has 18 goals in 123 career appearances, there is a reason he is now in league one.

And there's a reason Wigan didn't want holt and Bowery is struggling at Doncaster. I don't think he's a special player but I'd have rather seen him in a villa shirt instead of the other 2.

he’s missing the 1% that means you either make it or don’t make it at the highest level. I can’t explain why, its just not going to happen for him.

All I can feel is sadness that he won’t achieve anything with Villa. Sad for him. Sad for the club. But thats football.

That applies to a lot of our current players.  Apart from Tonev where it's more like 99%.

Â