Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Picked up a whole bunch of donor parts yesterday evening as part of my plan to build a frankenstein's monster of a turntable. 

But it was the guy I picked the parts up from that cheered me up. A retired BBC engineer type, his entire house was full of reel to reel tape machines and mixing desk consoles and valve amps and just generally looked like a set from a 1960's episode of Doctor Who. He was missing a Theremin and one of those electric balls that electricity goes up, but other than that he pretty much had it covered.

Plus, his missus had made cakes which arrived on a tray with two cups of tea whilst we sat in his workshop discussing life, the universe and cataloguing systems.

Years ago as a kid I visited this guy who I used to deliver papers for, and he invited me in to pay and he had all old tape players, for literally 2 hours I was schooled in the way of Tangerine Dream, really interesting guy. 

I stress it wasnt this guy.

Herbert_-_Family_Guy.png

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Using my stalking abilities to find the pretty young nurse that has been looking after me on Facebook and finding pictures of her in short skirts , high heels and low cut tops on girlie nights out  ..... If there is a god I'll get a blanket bath from her before I go home shortly 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Using my stalking abilities to find the pretty young nurse that has been looking after me on Facebook and finding pictures of her in short skirts , high heels and low cut tops on girlie nights out  ..... If there is a god I'll get a blanket bath from her before I go home shortly 

What are you in for? 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What are you in for? 

They have taken some stem cells from my hip and have implanted them into my knee where hopefully they will grow into new cartilage ... Find out in 6 months if it worked and then they do the other knee

i have this dream that I can get back playing football and full blown running again in about a years time .... But i think the reality is my sporting life is over and all the op(s) will do is stop my having arthritis in my knees at 50 and allow me to walk up and down stairs without discomfort 

But I can dream and guess I'll find out in 6 months !!

31 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They have taken some stem cells from my hip and have implanted them into my knee where hopefully they will grow into new cartilage ... Find out in 6 months if it worked and then they do the other knee

i have this dream that I can get back playing football and full blown running again in about a years time .... But i think the reality is my sporting life is over and all the op(s) will do is stop my having arthritis in my knees at 50 and allow me to walk up and down stairs without discomfort 

But I can dream and guess I'll find out in 6 months !!

Hope it goes OK. Two of my running club mates have had knee replacements and are running again, so never say never. 

• Like 1

had a great day out with the kids at hatton country park in warwickshire. great value for money and was there most of the day, the kids loved it. had a few pints after at the  tipperary inn at kenilworth which has set me up nicely for a chilled out night and an indian, which is a rarity as once i normally start drinking thats it. good day overall and im feeling good about things which is obviously good :) hope the rest of you have a good un .

• Like 1

Installed a calorie counting app on the wife's phone, gave it to her to set up her profile. She gets to the height and weight part:

"feet? how do I work that out, I'm 5 foo..... oh"

Definitely didn't marry her for her brains.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I convinced my missus that the Fire Brigade had done away with 'call signs' and given their engines names. That they'd found it confusing to say they were in Charlie Tango Oner Niner Oscar Seven, or whatever, so now they all had big friendly names on them.

Sure enough, as we approached the station minutes later, there was one outside with DENNIS written across the front.d554dor.jpg

She confessed she hadn't been sure whether to believe me....

My Missus once called me on the way back from work as i was later than usual. 

I Told her a circus wagon had tipped over on the motorway and there was clowns being chased by elephants, giraffes, and monkeys all running lose on the cars and carriage way. 

She went out and told half the street :D 

Gotta luv em.

• Like 3

A few years ago me and the wife were having a pint in a pub and on the tv in the corner was a tv show like country file, so the camera pans round to this panoramic shot of the English countryside, trees and fields as far as the eye can see, when the wife asks "where's that"

i said chessington water world

her reply

"not much of a water park, is it?"

Â