Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s easy to sing jolly songs when there’s no threat of space invasion. They’d shit their pants at the first sign of hostile life. 

That's not what they're for. They're to stop China/Russia/India etc from claiming the Moon, Mars, Asteroid belt etc and taking the resources or from impacting satellites etc. Their mission statement literally says they're to protect the interests of the USA and to ensure the countries freedom of operations. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

That's not what they're for. They're to stop China/Russia/India etc from claiming the Moon, Mars, Asteroid belt etc and taking the resources or from impacting satellites etc. Their mission statement literally says they're to protect the interests of the USA and to ensure the countries freedom of operations. 

Ah, fair enough. I didn’t read into it and just imagined a team of people dressed like the Jetsons orbiting the Earth ready to fight aliens 😂

I’m only surprised they didn’t call themselves the World Space Force, focused only on the USA. 

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

So America has freedom of operations where ever they want whilst they stop other countries from claiming things? 

So their space policy is the same as their earth policy... 

22 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It's that time of year when I need to re-stock the spice cupboard, always a good experience :)

spacer.png

Nice haul there ! Asian grocer places deffo the go to place for authentic spices and all. Might pop down near villa when the time comes to replenish my stocks. Am sure there will be a few such shops.

The naan/chappatis....are they any better than the sharwoods you get in mainstream stores as they always taste a bit "longlife"....a bit stale if you get my meaning ?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Nice haul there ! Asian grocer places deffo the go to place for authentic spices and all. Might pop down near villa when the time comes to replenish my stocks. Am sure there will be a few such shops.

The naan/chappatis....are they any better than the sharwoods you get in mainstream stores as they always taste a bit "longlife"....a bit stale if you get my meaning ?

Asian shop naan bread is always better than Sharwoods and own-brands.

Those in the photo are huge bastards, and you get three for £1.49. I got four packs to put in the freezer (although having one for me tea tonight).

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

One of my favourite things to do is spice shopping, there’s some fantastic Asian supermarkets up here in South Yorkshire. 

Tis very therapeutic, and I also know I'm going to enjoy cooking the stuff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

It's that time of year when I need to re-stock the spice cupboard 

Sounds like you're planning to kidnap a Spice Girl. 

Which one are you keeping in your cupboard dungeon? 

34 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Sounds like you're planning to kidnap a Spice Girl. 

Which one are you keeping in your cupboard dungeon? 

Obviously the ginger one, they usually have puffy nipples 😍

• Haha 1

On 24/09/2022 at 16:33, villa4europe said:

I spotted an African one in town yesterday which I'll visit in the week, planning a winter of slow cooked African stews but I want to start with bunny chow that looks right up my street 

Do they sell the bread to serve it in?

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Didn't think that was a big deal, was hoping to just use any square crusty loaf which I can get elsewhere

Is it a specific type of bread too? 

I used a round stonebaked boule when I cooked the recipe in Nisha Katonas cookbook. Mainly because thats sort of how it came when I ate it in her restaurant Mowgli

• Like 1

Â