Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Call me a humourless old grump, but I don't get it. Once I got past the faux Peter Kay persona, all I could see was a bloke with serious health issues who's going to be one more drain on the NHS until he dies too young. It's not entertaining, it's tragic. 

Edited by mjmooney

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Went back this morning, didn't happen again. Your statistics check out.

Go every day, and watch the numbers change. 

On 27/05/2021 at 18:03, Xela said:

Got tickets for the Alan Partridge live show next year in Brum. 

Only 1 night in Brum so well chuffed. 

Saw this on Friday. It was... OK. Some really funny bits and some that didn't hit the mark for me. 

Glad I went but i'd give it a 7/10. 

Anyone else go? @Paddywhack you said you had tickets?

• Like 1

Was just walking past a rose garden in a park in Nottingham with my youngest, never been there before. An some geezer with his daughter was wearing exactly the same Villa shirt as I had on. I'm in Nottingham, bet he wasn't even a fan. 😂

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Saw this on Friday. It was... OK. Some really funny bits and some that didn't hit the mark for me. 

I was there on Friday too. I'd agree, for the money it cost you'd expect more tbh. The first 30 mins or so was excellent I thought, but certainly tailed off before the interval. Second half was okay.

I think I was more disappointed with the lack of audience interaction. When they brought the female actor up on stage but she had a cockney/Essex accent even though we were in the middle of Birmingham...it totally missed the mark. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah I went. I agree with you and @Milfner, it was okay but not great. I couldn’t work out a word he was saying whilst he was singing either. If I’m honest, I don’t think Alan Partridge really works live anyway, especially in a room that size.

• Like 2

On 30/04/2022 at 13:50, Davkaus said:

I was just out sitting in a rose garden in the local park in Nottingham, wearing a Villa shirt, cuddling the daughter. It's a really quiet area, maybe a dozen people walked past in the hour we were there.

Including another guy out for a walk with a baby, wearing exactly the same Villa shirt.

D1jWn4BWoAAhTHZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

What are the chances.

I love that shirt, I won an original version on eBay last week. It wasn’t cheap! (I haven’t been in Nottingham though)

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Was just walking past a rose garden in a park in Nottingham with my youngest, never been there before. An some geezer with his daughter was wearing exactly the same Villa shirt as I had on. I'm in Nottingham, bet he wasn't even a fan. 😂

What are the chances?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I love that shirt, I won an original version on eBay last week. It wasn’t cheap! (I haven’t been in Nottingham though)

It’s the shirt (my own original) that I wore to Villa Park on Saturday. I’m curious as to how much the same shirt sold for on eBay? Not that I’m selling, simply curious.

• Like 1

I find Nottingham to be a very locally-supportive city - most people are Forest or County fans, really nowhere near the levels of glory hunting that is seen in Brum.

Having said that, Villa seem to be one of the more supported “other teams” here. 

Anyone know when the club first started selling replica kits? I've got photos of me and my brothers playing in the garden in a replica kit from I would say very late 70's.  I'm not aware they sold replica kits much before then? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, this is me, about 1978 or so. Umbro. 

Screenshot_2022-05-03-08-51-34-96_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Im 99% sure that's the one I had. You reckon that was the first one Mike? 

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not sure, tbh. Don't think I'd thought about getting one before that. 

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It will be. Admiral started the replica shirt trend in 1975 with Leeds Utd but that was mainly aimed at kids it wasn't until 1977 that they marketed them to adults, which obviously  caught on very quickly through all the top teams

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â