Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

She told her boss she needed Fridays off to look after them, but just has the day off.

She tells friends and family how she has them at least once a week when I can count on 1 hand how many times she’s had them on her own in 10 years.

We have the two preschoolers (3 and 2) three days a week, 8.30 till 5.00. Plus extra (including the 6 year old) during school holidays. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We have the two preschoolers (3 and 2) three days a week, 8.30 till 5.00. Plus extra (including the 6 year old) during school holidays. 

This is the kind of thing she implies that she does, but does **** all. 
I was so pissed off when it slipped out she’d told her boss that my wife had to go back into the office on Fridays and she needed the day off to look after the children. 
She’d told someone else and it got back to us. 

Edited by Genie
  • Shocked 1

During the first few months of lockdown, my partner's mum stayed at home doing minimal duties remotely after telling her employer that her daughter had to stay at home shielding because she's vulnerable. She neglected to tell her boss that they were discussing an independent 30 year old woman and not a child needing daycare.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

During the first few months of lockdown, my partner's mum stayed at home doing minimal duties remotely after telling her employer that her daughter had to stay at home shielding because she's vulnerable. She neglected to tell her boss that they were discussing an independent 30 year old woman and not a child needing daycare.

They do that when complaining about taxi services too.

"My Daughter got a taxi....."

Turns out her daughter is 35

On 15/04/2022 at 22:21, Xela said:

Those Saga cruises are good aren't they ;)

That's what we're on. 

There's a zimmer frame parking area in the restaurants. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bringing a meeting scheduled for an hour to a close within the first 5 minutes by saying "I'm sorry, I just don't think I understand why we're all here". Time to clock off early.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Not me so much but the family think it is hilarious my tent next to the caravan blew over last night with me in it 🤬

Reason #538 that camping is shit.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Especially when next to your own static caravan that you have been banned from for excessive snoring 💤 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just purchased 5 albums off Discogs for £8.75. That includes postage.

It's all old shit from when I was a kid but I don't care :)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Davkaus said:

If you watch the Mr. Ballen YouTube channel you'd never go camping again.

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

If you watch the Mr. Ballen YouTube channel you'd never go camping again.

People go camping here in Oz.But as far as I am concerned you would have to be a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic to go in the bush here,with all the critters we have in the wild.

• Like 1

On 18/04/2022 at 22:40, colhint said:

I'm having to stay in a respite home, have been for a few months. I'm the only one without dementia. I spend most of my  time in the reception area, best for wifi coverage. It's also closest to the front door Tonight A woman arrives to see her dad, without a booking, were under lockdown. Staff try to calm her down as she was getting angry. So they tried to accommodate her and get a meeting in a remote room. Staff speaks to the dad, he's got dementia, and says he doesn't want to see her as he only has sons. Staff arrange a visit for tomorrow. I'm on the edge of the conversation and ask how far she has come, Cornwall she said. 13 hours on the road. She's booked into a Travelodge nearby. She said she has a snack for later, I said she could do with a glass of wine. She said she could down a bottle, but we're in the countryside nowhere near. Hang on a minute back to my room and pick a bottle of chablis. Her face was a picture.

The pleasure of doing something good for a complete stranger is a really nice feeling

Is it dusty or something in this thread 😢

• Like 2

Â