Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

All Apple products are horrendously overpriced, look at there laptops, sorry Macbooks. There marketing is probably some of the best in the world though, aimed at 16 to 30 year olds, as they are the only mugs who are stupid enough to buy Apple.

As a 35 year old iphone user, I’ll take that as a compliment and tell myself I’m young for my age. 

(Seriously, though, iphones just work better for me and my use than an android phone - having tried both.) 

20 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

All Apple products are horrendously overpriced, look at there laptops, sorry Macbooks. There marketing is probably some of the best in the world though, aimed at 16 to 30 year olds, as they are the only mugs who are stupid enough to buy Apple.

Are they? Without turning this into an Apple debate, the prices are roughy the same as high end Android prices, especially Samsung. 

They just work for me. My last iPhone lasted 6 years, my iPad lasted 9 years of daily use (only replaced as got a free one through work) and the MacBook Air i'm using now is a 2015 model, and its as fast as the day I had it. 

Buy cheap, buy twice ;) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Android is based on the Linux kernal, so you are definitely skating on thin ice, there.😇

I couldn't give a shit what its based on, any OS that gives different manufacturers the ability to lock down and change features so there are variances in the way each individual model functions is f***ing stupid

Any OS that allows manufacturers to limit the number of OS upgrades you can recieve before the device is considered obsolete is also f***ing stupid

On 28/04/2022 at 01:44, bickster said:

I couldn't give a shit what its based on, any OS that gives different manufacturers the ability to lock down and change features so there are variances in the way each individual model functions is f***ing stupid

Any OS that allows manufacturers to limit the number of OS upgrades you can recieve before the device is considered obsolete is also f***ing stupid

A manufacturer that puts out over 300 updates every year for 3 years and has been doing this for decades is one of the richest men around.

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was just out sitting in a rose garden in the local park in Nottingham, wearing a Villa shirt, cuddling the daughter. It's a really quiet area, maybe a dozen people walked past in the hour we were there.

Including another guy out for a walk with a baby, wearing exactly the same Villa shirt.

D1jWn4BWoAAhTHZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

What are the chances.

50/50?

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was just out sitting in a rose garden in the local park in Nottingham, wearing a Villa shirt, cuddling the daughter. It's a really quiet area, maybe a dozen people walked past in the hour we were there.

Including another guy out for a walk with a baby, wearing exactly the same Villa shirt.

D1jWn4BWoAAhTHZ?format=jpg&name=900x900

What are the chances.

Love that shirt. 

Still have the home and away shirts... the original ones, not the later retro re-prints. 

Bit tight on me now though as I was 9 when I first had them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Just the title of the video.😀

Is it 31" ?

Great channel FWIW.

“back on the road again”. Seen a lot of these and he seems a really sound guy. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Just the title of the video.😀

Is it 31" ?

Great channel FWIW.

As opposed to the smallest 30" pizza in the UK?

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

“back on the road again”. Seen a lot of these and he seems a really sound guy. 

Danny! Yeah he's a great guy and perfect for the channel

The only issue I have and why I lost a bit of interest is that hes going to places that are highly recommended by his subscribers, means everything is generally good, don't think I've ever seen him eat something that looked ropey, means now I keep an eye on his videos but only watch them if he's going somewhere closer to home or funky food

I also still watch the chicken connoisseur, find him funny and he does have some ropey shops which makes it a little bit more interesting 

• Like 1

Â