Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Blatant PFK. 

Had to buy her a bag of chips to win her around.

It was actually really good, the weather was great - even though the BBC basically had a weather warning all week and we decided to ignore it. There were about a dozen swallows swooping around and they were just the most gorgeous petrol blue colour.

Really quiet up there too, which I guess was a combination of a work day, not yet full summer hols, bad weather forecast.

I did also find a ‘new’ second hand vinyl shop. It had the whitest collection of records I’ve ever seen. I’m not suggesting it was deliberate, but I couldn’t find a record by a black artist. It was essentially, Cliff, Beach Boys, Elvis, a lot of Queen but by far the biggest section was ‘N’ which must have been close on the complete works of Neil Diamond.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Had to buy her a bag of chips to win her around.

It was actually really good, the weather was great - even though the BBC basically had a weather warning all week and we decided to ignore it. There were about a dozen swallows swooping around and they were just the most gorgeous petrol blue colour.

Really quiet up there too, which I guess was a combination of a work day, not yet full summer hols, bad weather forecast.

I did also find a ‘new’ second hand vinyl shop. It had the whitest collection of records I’ve ever seen. I’m not suggesting it was deliberate, but I couldn’t find a record by a black artist. It was essentially, Cliff, Beach Boys, Elvis, a lot of Queen but by far the biggest section was ‘N’ which must have been close on the complete works of Neil Diamond.

Is that the one in Brecon? Never found anything to buy in there

There's a decent one in Abergavenny, lots of jazz and soundtracks and a decent new wave/ punk / alternative section

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Is that the one in Brecon? Never found anything to buy in there

There's a decent one in Abergavenny, lots of jazz and soundtracks and a decent new wave/ punk / alternative section

Yep, in was on the Main Street in Brecon, in an antique shop. I’d not been in there before and I wouldn’t bother a second time.

I’ve kinda spent my record money for this month twice over already, but checked it out just in case.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Grandson lasted 10 minutes of the England match. 8pm kickoff got the better of him and now in bed. BBC4 is on.

Well he lasted 9 minutes 45 longer than I did.

I put ITV on at 7:00 and the first three comments from their commentary team were versions of ‘this is the oldest game’ like none of them had checked what each other was going to say. So i turned it over and watched some news. At exactly 8:00 I said to Mrs Chrispy that I’d give it another try but would turn it off as soon as or if they mentioned ‘oldest fixture’. Turned it over, the match was literally kicking off and the commentator was in the middle of saying ‘…1872…’

And now we’re listening to Adele as a preference to ITV football commentary. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Grandson lasted 10 minutes of the England match. 8pm kickoff got the better of him and now in bed. BBC4 is on.

He obviously knew it would be a pile of shit! Good judge of a game. 

• Like 2

I found a channel called ‘Yesterday’ and it’s basically oldbloke tv, right now, its a programme about finding and auctioning old cars, but it looks like they also have some programmes about trains and some programmes about nazi’s. 

26 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Thought that was a euphemism until I read the replies. 

Cut it out, there's nothing to be gained by barging in with imagined double entendres. Please adjust your moral navigation!

5 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Thought that was a euphemism until I read the replies. 

Good job I didn't tell you about how I drove hard into Queen Elizabeth's tunnel yesterday then. 

• Haha 1

I’ve booked a trip to the recycling centre for 4:30 tomorrow.

A high risk strategy given that the game starts at 5:00pm but I get the impression I might be the only person there and I can just sling it all over the fence.

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A high risk strategy given that the game starts at 5:00pm but I get the impression I might be the only person there and I can just sling it all over the fence.

One of the good points of Covid is you don’t get the staff lurking by the “anything that can’t be recycled” skip telling you to separate it all out.

33 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

They stopped the appointments system here now, it's a shame I liked it

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

They stopped the appointments system here now, it's a shame I liked it

Yep, agreed.

It feels like one of those things where they accidentally found a better slicker system.

• Like 1

Â