Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm never sure if I should laugh at Hopkins. I've always presumed that she must have some form of undiagnosed mental condition.

Like a phobia of not having a career?

said many times before I doubt very much she believes half the garbage she spouts but it's the only way she knows how to perpetuate herself, if she slips from the limelight she'll be instantly forgotten and never make her way back 

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah this.

I'm lucky that I've never had a migraine. But I know this because I've seen people have them and they are no **** joke.

Same as people who have a sniffle and claim they have the flu. You don't have the flu. If you had the flu you'd barely be able to get out of bed, never mind wander down to costa to get a latte and a croissant and moan about your runny nose.

I do agree with this point about the flu, but I suppose I would add that I think people exaggerate because (they feel) other people refuse to give any sympathy to people suffering from 'headaches' or 'colds' (I'm talking mainly about bosses here). 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I do agree with this point about the flu, but I suppose I would add that I think people exaggerate because (they feel) other people refuse to give any sympathy to people suffering from 'headaches' or 'colds' (I'm talking mainly about bosses here). 

Yeah I guess so.

But if you're walking around the office claiming you have the flu, it's a bit much

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I'm never sure if I should laugh at Hopkins. I've always presumed that she must have some form of undiagnosed mental condition.

It's now Ketty Hopkins :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Made up with a good friend of mine this morning. We fell out last year, after he was an utter clearing in the woods. Was more disappointed than angry. Anyway, I thought I'd be the bigger man this morning, and put an end to it, and move on from it. Things won't be the same as they were though.its just about being civil.

The etiquette of the revolving door entrance to my office. Specifically:

1. People who enter as you're coming out and decide that as you're pushing the door, they don't need to.

2. People who try and squeeze into the same small compartment of the door as you. 

3. People in the door ahead of you who are shuffling slowly through (the temptation to push the door hard and clip their heels on the way out is too much to avoid at times).

4. People in the door behind you who push too hard, thereby clipping your heel on the way out.

Â