Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

22 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was on a packed out train to work with one of those large toilets where the doors are electronic.Somebody accidentally leaned against the toilet open button and there was a bloke having a shit! 

I've never seen anybody jump up so quick to press the close the button. Pants around ankles. It must have felt like time had stopped for the poor guy while the door slowly opened and closed.

Felt for the guy but it was pretty hilarious. It goes without saying he never left the toilet until we stopped. 

Moral of the story. Do not ever shit on a train and if you must make sure you lock the door! 

Oh man, the poor guy. The door opens and closes so slowly as well! :D

The wee autistic boy that I used to look after (and still occasionally do) had his first training session with the Welsh International Disability Football Squad yesterday. He's only 15.

And then seeing someone I used to know make their debut for Wales on Saturday against Scotland. 

• Like 4

On 1/29/2018 at 20:03, sharkyvilla said:

Definitely this.  The morning I wake up after having a migraine is the best feeling going.  **** me I think I'd rather have rabies than migraines.

Agreed,  I get them a lot and they will floor the biggest of men.

The day after is weird,  it's like my brain had a jet wash.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Definitely.  My doctor prescribed me sumatriptan and amatryptaline in December and so far they've worked a treat.  Especially sumatriptan which is like going from migraine to a brain orgasm inside half an hour or so.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is lucky nobody filmed it and it went viral. 

Very lucky as that is the sort of thing people do now with no regard to the person it affects. Could you imagine if it went viral how the poor bloke would feel?

Social media is a scourge sometimes. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Annoys me when people at work say "oooh i've got a migraine... anyone got any asprin / I might have to go home"

You haven't got a migraine you chinless gimp, you just have a mild headache. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Annoys me when people at work say "oooh i've got a migraine... anyone got any asprin

If they are standing with their eyes open at work and able to talk properly,  they haven't got a migraine to be fair.  I had to crawl upstairs the last time I had one.  It used to be easier when I could you my chin to at least give me bit of balance on the next step whilst I consult my map with frostbitten fingers,  gives me a chance to pause on the mountain side but i haven't got a chin anymore :D If they said it but without the ""oooh" bit,  would that be better or worse.

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

36 minutes ago, Xela said:

Very lucky as that is the sort of thing people do now with no regard to the person it affects. Could you imagine if it went viral how the poor bloke would feel?

Social media is a scourge sometimes. 

Especially the leaked sex ones. Ruins lives yet people don't care. 

3 hours ago, choffer said:

The wee autistic boy that I used to look after (and still occasionally do) had his first training session with the Welsh International Disability Football Squad yesterday. He's only 15.

I had no idea disability footy was even a thing until a couple of years ago.

Now I know a few people in our team and they absolutely live for it. Every footy festival weekend they're there and the one guy is now a ball boy for the men's first team. We've even got a chant where he has to give us either a dance or a wave. All in the best possible inclusive good taste.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Xela said:

Annoys me when people at work say "oooh i've got a migraine... anyone got any asprin / I might have to go home"

You haven't got a migraine you chinless gimp, you just have a mild headache. 

Yeah this.

I'm lucky that I've never had a migraine. But I know this because I've seen people have them and they are no **** joke.

Same as people who have a sniffle and claim they have the flu. You don't have the flu. If you had the flu you'd barely be able to get out of bed, never mind wander down to costa to get a latte and a croissant and moan about your runny nose.

Migraine's are epically shit. I don't know if what I had were migraines tbf, but I've had a couple of monster headaches that almost blinded me and left me close to calling an ambulance :D Didn't in the end, but it was a real brute, not even lot's of cold water, and a large medley of assorted drugs had any impact - well not for a good couple of hours.

15 minutes ago, Xann said:

Oh my...

Mirror

:crylaugh:

People were tweeting her pictures of her after she'd collapsed and was being attended to by paramedics.

Apparently she'd asked her followers a while ago to tweet her pictures of foreigners using the health service.

Â