Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 2/15/2018 at 11:04, Stevo985 said:

Thriller is the more iconic album, but Bad had more good songs, imo.

Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Dirty Diana, Man in the Mirror, Smooth Criminal, Leave Me Alone, Liberian Girl were all on that album (amongst others)

I never class Leave Me Alone as a Bad album song as it never appeared on the cassette release, which is what I had! It still feels strange to hear it on there. It was only added on the CD release. 

9 of the 11 songs on Bad were singles, only Speed Demon (which I like) and Just Good Friends (which is a catchy 'filler' song) weren't. 

Man in the Mirror, Dirty Diana. The Way You Make Me Feel, Just Another Part of Me and Smooth Criminal are all epic. 

i love Thriller as well - Beat It and Billie Jean are both outstanding 

giphy.gif

Edited by Xela

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I never class Leave Me Alone as a Bad album song as it never appeared on the cassette release, which is what I had! It still feels strange to hear it on there. It was only added on the CD release. 

9 of the 11 songs on Bad were singles, only Speed Demon (which I like) and Just Good Friends (which is a catchy 'filler' song) weren't. 

Man in the Mirror, Dirty Diana. The Way You Make Me Feel, Just Another Part of Me and Smooth Criminal are all epic. 

i love Thriller as well - Beat It and Billie Jean are both outstanding 

giphy.gif

Because of you I am now listening to this album.. and brings back the youth (if that's the right phrase).

Some great songs and despite his personal issues he was one talented artist imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Because of you I am now listening to this album.. and brings back the youth (if that's the right phrase).

Some great songs and despite his personal issues he was one talented artist imo.

You are welcome :P

giphy.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think a lot of people are ok with him being a bit weird as his music was apparently so good. By weird I mean a kiddy fiddler. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I am glad I cheer someone up!!

Honestly mate I'm just messing.

What you have to remember is that most of us were discussing the show as it unfolded every week and many of those watching it had read all the books, so as I said before many of the more subtle hints and clues might have passed you by.

It just made me chuckle how much we pretty much spelt out the JS situation and you were still adamant about not watching anymore :D

Ps. Whatever you do don't Google R+L=J ;)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Honestly mate I'm just messing.

What you have to remember is that most of us were discussing the show as it unfolded every week and many of those watching it had read all the books, so as I said before many of the more subtle hints and clues might have passed you by.

It just made me chuckle how much we pretty much spelt out the JS situation and you were still adamant about not watching anymore :D

Ps. Whatever you do don't Google R+L=J ;)

Yeah i get your point. No worries. I haven't  read any of the books the whole show is new to me so I just thought it might go down the road with robb 

=)

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Pretty contestants on Pointless 

Maybe this should go in a different thread, but in the final round tonight, when they asked for books by L. Frank Baum, I guessed at one being called The Emerald City (was a total guess, based only on having seen the film, The Wizard of Oz). The full title of a pointless answer was The Emerald City of Oz, so I wonder if they'd have given me it?

9 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Maybe this should go in a different thread, but in the final round tonight, when they asked for books by L. Frank Baum, I guessed at one being called The Emerald City (was a total guess, based only on having seen the film, The Wizard of Oz). The full title of a pointless answer was The Emerald City of Oz, so I wonder if they'd have given me it?

Probably not. They're usually very picky about that sort of thing. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

It pisses me off no end when they pick a jackpot round that I know bugger all about.  Tonight's was definitely one of them.

"1950s jazz albums" keeps coming up, and everybody avoids it. I'd love it. 

• Like 2

Â