Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

4 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Last night the mystery cuckoo clock was ripped from the wall and deposited on the desk of the most likely suspect, Mr Grubb, one of the fire personel. 

This morning he sent a letter to  Pugh,Pugh,Barney McGrew,Cuthbert & Dibble around the team that said “Cuckoo Tango Tango Expedite”.  In Trumpton-speak this means that the Cuckoo is in serious trouble "Oh No!!" and everyone needs to drop everything to activate the plan called “Tango Tango”.  Panic set in and the clatter of wood on wood as everyone ran into the office.

We haven’t got a plan called “Tango Tango” , in truth a lot of the residents don't even know what a "Plan" is,  so played safe and I asked for a copy.  The response I got was “You don’t want to know boss.  You really don’t want to know.”  He is on leave from about 10:00am today and not back until Tuesday afternoon.  I’m already looking forward to Tuesday when the Ice cream van is here again.

"OK,  good, erm I think" said Mr Factory.  "Now get back to work now all of you with your "Cuckoo that and Cukoo this",  we have that massive order on, the "Rose in a box" order for Mrs Cobbit and we need to get all 10 box's over to Camberwick Green by Friday"

:D I am not 100% sure you don't live in Trumpton.  Your work place is very clock orintated ?

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

The cuckoo by definition is into covert installation.

Covertish I think.  It is the birds own house with an address and everything,  he won't last long.  Always having a bit of a ding-dong and sticking his neck out,  I heard.

33 minutes ago, Xela said:

A cracking BH Monday today

Saw some amazing engines at the National Railway Museum in York. Highlights include The Mallard and the Duchess of Hamilton. Plus an early Japanese bullet train. Talking of Japanese... never knew so many hot Japanese women loved steam engines! 

Followed by a pub crawl around some of Yorks finest boozers.

Stomach lined with Fish n Chips in the sun by York Minster.

Then a non league game at York City. Sun was blazing and was a superb game.

9/10. WB. Repeatedly. 

Excellent. Welcome to Yorkshire! 

• Like 1

Peppa Pig World? Jesus Christ.

When I have kids there's no chance they're watching that shite. My niece is obsessed with it and she mimics the 'wahhh!' noise whenever she doesn't get her own way.

That little bint is an awful role model for young kids. Great in a sandwich though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ginko said:

When I have kids there's no chance they're watching that shite. My niece is obsessed with it and she mimics the 'wahhh!' noise whenever she doesn't get her own way.

That little bint is an awful role model for young kids. Great in a sandwich though.

My little girl doesn't watch it, we're very much a Bing/Hey Duggee/Timmy Time/Mr Tumble household.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ginko said:

When I have kids there's no chance they're watching that shite.

He never said it was the kids watching it. 

On 24/08/2017 at 22:24, tonyh29 said:

Walked up Ben Nevis today with the family

no biggie in itself but considering I've been through ops on my knees and not walked further than the pub in nearly 2 years I'm mightily happy right now ... 7 miles up hill without a twinge ... going down was slightly tougher as my legs were a bit wobbily due to the muscle loss since the op but at least I know I'm back ....

Our peaks maybe relatively small but they're still no joke . Even on Snowden the lowered oxygen levels are quite noticeable when constantly moving.

• Like 1

Â