Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

Peppa Pig World? Jesus Christ.

When I have kids there's no chance they're watching that shite. My niece is obsessed with it and she mimics the 'wahhh!' noise whenever she doesn't get her own way.

That little bint is an awful role model for young kids. Great in a sandwich though.

IRCC that's not Peppa usually making that noise but that little clearing in the woods George. Peppa is usually the voice of reason (Lisa Simpson stylee)

1 hour ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

IRCC that's not Peppa usually making that noise but that little clearing in the woods George. Peppa is usually the voice of reason (Lisa Simpson stylee)

You're right, that is George but Peppa is far from the voice of reason. She's pwopa norty, little turd.

Most popular CBeebees programmes? 

Sample survey of one two-year-old: 

1. Andy's Dinosaur Adventures

2. Woolly and Tig

3. Mister Tumble

4. Teletubbies

5. In the Night Garden

6. Twirlywoos

7. Bing

8. Topsy and Tim  

9. Peppa Pig

10. Swashbuckle

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ginko said:

Peppa Pig World? Jesus Christ.

When I have kids there's no chance they're watching that shite. My niece is obsessed with it and she mimics the 'wahhh!' noise whenever she doesn't get her own way.

That little bint is an awful role model for young kids. Great in a sandwich though.

We had a great day yesterday and it's without doubt the best theme park I've been to so far which caters for mainly young kids. I think that noise is great and my daughter is always doing it. Infact I find myself doing it too :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

1. Andy's Dinosaur Adventures - Good, but a bit outdated as it uses the footage (?) from Walking with dinosaurs, which is from 2000 I think. 

2. Woolly and Tig - It's alright

3. Mister Tumble - I'm a genius.  I think his stuff is very good.  He's pretty good with the kids. 

4. Teletubbies - terrible

5. In the Night Garden - it's calming, but terrible

6. Twirlywoos - absolutely terrible

7. Bing - really like Bing, lovely sentiments etc, but I've seen them too many times now

8. Topsy and Tim - annoying

9. Peppa Pig - sometimes it's quite funny, but Peppa is spoilt most of the time, Daddy pig is just as bad, George is alright but a baby and mummy pig is a right milf

10. Swashbuckle - meh. 

My 2 year old likes Fireman Sam, because of his mum.  Thomas and Friends because of me, dinosaur train because of me and minions, because of mum and dad. 

I've started reading the 26 original Thomas the Tank Engine stories to him at bed time, they're completely above him, and written in quite old fashioned English, but I love them, so he has to deal with learning about engines' fireboxes being stacked in a particular way, different types of coal and going to Crewe. 

• Like 3

I watched Peppa Pig for a while. In Spanish.

My logic was if that helps young children learn how to talk, then me watching it in Spanish will help me learn Spanish.

Didn't really work out that way. But I thought it was alright.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My 2 year old likes Fireman Sam, because of his mum.  Thomas and Friends because of me, dinosaur train because of me and minions, because of mum and dad. 

I've started reading the 26 original Thomas the Tank Engine stories to him at bed time, they're completely above him, and written in quite old fashioned English, but I love them, so he has to deal with learning about engines' fireboxes being stacked in a particular way, different types of coal and going to Crewe. 

Oh, I'm only saying what she likes. Personally I'm a big fan of Go Jetters and Octonauts, but she's taken against them recently. MY thoughts on the list would be: 

1. Andy's Dinosaur Adventures - Pretty good, but like all the rest wears thin after the first hundred viewings

2. Woolly and Tig - kinda like it

3. Mister Tumble - weirdly good (but I live in fear of his name turning up in Operation Yewtree)

4. Teletubbies - the original series had a certain bizarre something, but the remakes are truly awful

5. In the Night Garden - very trippy, quite like it

6. Twirlywoos - dunno why, but I quite like this one

7. Bing - it's OK

8. Topsy and Tim  - terrible

9. Peppa Pig - OK in very small doses

10. Swashbuckle - good fun

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We had a great day yesterday and it's without doubt the best theme park I've been to so far which caters for mainly young kids. I think that noise is great and my daughter is always doing it. Infact I find myself doing it too :)

Ours are a little older so we did the Harry Potter studio tour on Tuesday.

It was alright, the kids and the missus loved it, it's not really for me but yeah, there was a lot there and it took 5 hours.

Good things:

Easy to access by car, just off the motorway.
Good safe easy parking right next to the entrance.
Well organised, busy but almost no queuing.
Those that were in to it enjoyed it.

Less good things:

A soft drink of ‘butterbeer’ in a small plastic tankard, £6.95.
A small icecream in a plastic pot, £6.95.
A plastic wand in a box, £30 which I estimate must have been a profit of £28 for someone.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Ours are a little older so we did the Harry Potter studio tour on Tuesday.

It was alright, the kids and the missus loved it, it's not really for me but yeah, there was a lot there and it took 5 hours.

Good things:

Easy to access by car, just off the motorway.
Good safe easy parking right next to the entrance.
Well organised, busy but almost no queuing.
Those that were in to it enjoyed it.

Less good things:

A soft drink of ‘butterbeer’ in a small plastic tankard, £6.95.
A small icecream in a plastic pot, £6.95.
A plastic wand in a box, £30 which I estimate must have been a profit of £28 for someone.

I'm going there for the third time in October, I love it... :blush:

• Like 1

I recently saw the episode of "Justin's House" where Mr Tumble turns up. It was fantastic. 

Hey Duggee is probably my favourite, the apocalypse now episode was very good.

We're not quite at visiting theme parks and the like yet. All that to come, which I'm not really looking forward to in all honesty. Will happily take her to something like Warwick Castle though. What's Cadbury's World like these days?

1 minute ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I recently saw the episode of "Justin's House" where Mr Tumble turns up. It was fantastic. 

Hey Duggee is probably my favourite, the apocalypse now episode was very good.

We're not quite at visiting theme parks and the like yet. All that to come, which I'm not really looking forward to in all honesty. Will happily take her to something like Warwick Castle though. What's Cadbury's World like these days?

It's good man.  Took mine for his 2nd birthday - he loved it. 

The factory part is just sad, it used to be hustle and bustle and people making chocolate stuff, now it's just a bloke from FM cleaning up the rat baff on the floor.

But, it's got a 4d cinema which is alright.  My lad loved the little chocolate car land thing with the cocoa bean people :lol: 

We got in for free though on the very start of the season, they upgraded their payments system and we paid on our card, except when we got home and a few weeks later checked our statements, nothing had come out of it.  Felt bad - but we did buy stuff from the shop, coffee place and a photo of us on those cocoa car things :D 

• Thanks 1

Looking at the comments/answers for those precedent type sums that appear on things like facebook with '90% of you will get this wrong'.

Everyone thinks they're right, and maybe they are based on how they were taught, and dagnammit they won't be told otherwise :D  :lol:

41 minutes ago, BOF said:

Looking at the comments/answers for those precedent type sums that appear on things like facebook with '90% of you will get this wrong'.

Everyone thinks they're right, and maybe they are based on how they were taught, and dagnammit they won't be told otherwise :D  :lol:

BODMAS. 

14 hours ago, mjmooney said:

1. Andy's Dinosaur Adventures

2. Woolly and Tig

3. Mister Tumble

4. Teletubbies

5. In the Night Garden

6. Twirlywoos

7. Bing

8. Topsy and Tim  

9. Peppa Pig

10. Swashbuckle

Yeah, they're all good, but I prefer Naked Attraction. 

Â