Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

On 18/08/2017 at 17:31, trekka said:

Being in the fortunate position of living on the South Coast.  I was up along Old Portsmouth seafront when the huge HMS Queen Elizabeth arrived for the first time to her home port.  I was up at 4:30AM to get there before the crowds amassed and I'm so glad I did!

My pics (I make no apology for the quality of these, that was me switching between a rubbish camera and a rubbish phone!)

(that's google photo hosted images in case anyone is wondering about the link...)

Oh, and not my pics but these really do show the sheer scale of the thing.  That's not a model village!

20882758_1572331942823088_7826392194283317211_n.jpg

20800179_10159293179905232_8607985637116407950_n.jpg

Have you seen the picture on the wall, upstairs, or at least it used to be, in the "Still and West"? It's of a battleship that broke its tethers. HMS Vanguard ran aground right next to the pub

IMG_0498.PNG

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

Have you seen the picture on the wall, upstairs, or at least it used to be, in the "Still and West"? It's of a battleship that broke its tethers. HMS Vanguard ran aground right next to the pub

IMG_0498.PNG

Ooo! I can't say I have but I'll take a look next time I'm in :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

De Niro, as great as he is, has weakened his stock over the years by appearing in quite a lot of poor movies. 

His earlier stuff though is amazing. 

I was just thinking the same. Meet the family, was it ? The intern ? I realise bills still need to be paid but they're not films I'd be too proud of. 

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Watching my wife trying to catch a frisbee.... bloody hilarious, seeing her run along arms outstretched, getting nowhere near it!!! 

Simple things eh?

The whole "you throw/catch like a girl" debate......controversial :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, blandy said:

I've not seen that, but have seen on the wall of Spice Island that it used to have a brothel upstairs.

In the signature of one of our Nigerian clients

It's not about where you are today but where you  will reach tomorrow. Alphabet "O'' which stands  for Opportunity, is absent in ''yesterday'' but available once in ''tOday'' And thrice in ''tOmOrrOw'' So Stay Positive Always and have hope.

:D

On 18/08/2017 at 17:31, trekka said:

Being in the fortunate position of living on the South Coast.  I was up along Old Portsmouth seafront when the huge HMS Queen Elizabeth arrived for the first time to her home port.  I was up at 4:30AM to get there before the crowds amassed and I'm so glad I did!

My pics (I make no apology for the quality of these, that was me switching between a rubbish camera and a rubbish phone!)

(that's google photo hosted images in case anyone is wondering about the link...)

Oh, and not my pics but these really do show the sheer scale of the thing.  That's not a model village!

20882758_1572331942823088_7826392194283317211_n.jpg

20800179_10159293179905232_8607985637116407950_n.jpg

Was going to go down with my lad but he'd had a rough night and finally dropped off around 2 am ...at 4 am when I woke him he wasn't fit so had to abort he would probably have puked over a few hundred people !!

hoping to go down and see it docked in the harbour at some point , assume you can still get a decent view ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Was going to go down with my lad but he'd had a rough night and finally dropped off around 2 am ...at 4 am when I woke him he wasn't fit so had to abort he would probably have puked over a few hundred people !!

hoping to go down and see it docked in the harbour at some point , assume you can still get a decent view ? 

Not really if I'm honest.  You can probably see glimpses of her if you travel around towards Portchester and up Portsdown Hill but from the dockyard itself from I'm told not really at all I'm afraid.  

• Like 1

Â