Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've probably found the one quote from a Villa fan who is gutted, and used that as the headline rather than one that reflects the true overall mood on the matter. Plus their media seems obsessed with Villa and Villa fans.

Plenty of effort - To a fault, the amount of times he over commits and leaves spaces or makes a rash tackle in a stupid area are far too frequent.  Always saw him as a flat track bully, when he came across an opponent he couldn't physically dominate or had a bit of intelligence he'd get massively exposed but he'll get you a tackle or two for the highlight reel, and then there's his uncanny ability to seriously injure his own team-mates in training. Won't miss.

Edited by penguin

Clark, for me, is our modern version of Ridgewell. Gives you boundless effort, but ultimately isn't good enough. The problem with Clark is his faults in games cost goals, and he's cost us plenty. His mistake for ROI against Belgium was indicative of the player he is unfortunately. He over committed and completely missed the ball and got punished on an attack. It's happened countless times for us.

Always liked him as a person, he seemed to have the right attitude but wasn't cut out for the Prem. He'll do okay for Newcastle but we need better CBs if we want to lose our weakness in defending.

• Like 1

An adequate enough 'footballer' of a centre-half and had a promising first couple of years but ultimately lacks the positional sense and physicality to be the very good CB we thought he could be at one stage.

Arguably our 4th choice CB at present and during the past 4/5 years in which he has been given a consistent run in the team when fit has always looked like he had a howler in him.

No doubt would have done a job for us this year and seems to be a decent bloke - so long as he doesn't badmouth us in the press I will wish him well - a fresh start is the best thing for all parties IMO.

Edited by jonno_2004
  • Like 2

Don't rate him that high but he has played CB in front of a very weak midfield for many seasons and that have made him look even worse. Can't wish him luck; at least not this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I do like the number of jawdies on Twitter claiming that were all just bitter and he's actually a good player and rafas judgement is better than ours...

hell do do well to be 3rd choice there

I hope he is first choice for a large portion of the season to be honest 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I do like the number of jawdies on Twitter claiming that were all just bitter and he's actually a good player and rafas judgement is better than ours...

hell do do well to be 3rd choice there

Well they are the most delusional fans out there so just leave them to it :D

I saw this quote earlier

' Absolutely horrifying signing. Lost all faith in Rafa Benitez on this one.

Ciaran Clark is abysmal, I hope he never plays or breaks his leg in the first training session.

I've really sensed some desperation now in Rafa's targets now. Diame was so-so & this now Clark just takes the biscuit.

awful '

Newcastle forum

2 minutes ago, useless said:

I saw this quote earlier

' Absolutely horrifying signing. Lost all faith in Rafa Benitez on this one.

Ciaran Clark is abysmal, I hope he never plays or breaks his leg in the first training session.

I've really sensed some desperation now in Rafa's targets now. Diame was so-so & this now Clark just takes the biscuit.

awful '

Newcastle forum

I do wish xia would use social media as much 

• Like 1

Â