Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

but it was a bit sobering for me to see how shocked a Newcy fan is about the toxic atmosphere and visceral attitude that we display towards the club/our players.

This is exactly what I have been trying to say for ages!!! We can be a bloody horrible set of people and I am not surprised some people get eager to leave, and others apprehensive to come here!

• Like 1

When he first broke into the scene he was highly rated by Alex Ferguson who sent scouts to watch him a lot. It is ironic for me that clark's  football career is now the same as fergusson's , retirement .

So I read over the weekend that Newcastle in preseason were conceding from set pieces and Rafa wanted to put a stop to that and then they bid for Clark :clap: Like he's going to stop that. Can't wait to see him bullied bu a striker, and he won't be in a villa shirt...

You know he'll find his scoring touch though and net the winner against us

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

This is whole deal is quite strange really. I'm not sure why Newcastle are signing him, or paying him a decent wage to move? 

It's not really weakening us, I'd be amazed if he was improving them? It's just all a bit bizarre. 

I would be amazed if they were trying to weaken us, as has been suggested. I suspect they do not see us as much competition.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

So I read over the weekend that Newcastle in preseason were conceding from set pieces and Rafa wanted to put a stop to that and then they bid for Clark :clap: Like he's going to stop that. Can't wait to see him bullied bu a striker, and he won't be in a villa shirt...

You know he'll find his scoring touch though and net the winner against us

A part of me worries that he will do well for them. But then a bigger part of me says he will do an Agent Ridgewell mark 2 in spectacular style. A replacement for Mike Williamson and Steven Taylor rolled into one.

Glad he's gone.

Average, but definitely mentally scarred.  Of no use to us.

Just wish others had gone before/at the same time, will continue to hope.

Having said that, I'm a little concerned that so far there is more sign of our players wishing they were elsewhere than other teams players wishing they were here !  Not usually the case when a Club is thought to be heading for the Top (!?)......hopefully that perception will change with activites over the next few days or so.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

A part of me worries that he will do well for them. But then a bigger part of me says he will do an Agent Ridgewell mark 2 in spectacular style. A replacement for Mike Williamson and Steven Taylor rolled into one.

No, he won't. :)

• Like 2

This is like Dougal without father Ted, always sad to see a breakup of a comedy pair. Through all those bad times at least you have me a little reason to laugh senselessly. And your face palm at QPR was priceless. All the best, and keep up the good work with all those comedy gold moments

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is exactly what I have been trying to say for ages!!! We can be a bloody horrible set of people and I am not surprised some people get eager to leave, and others apprehensive to come here!

You are blaming the fans for that ?  Stunning.

I know you consider positivity is all but really ?

I think 'chicken and egg' comes to mind.

• Like 1

Â