Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, obanken said:

YES! One problem which we have moved to the Newcastle fans, so tired of this Clark/Clarke- thing :) Good luck Geordies :)

They will spell it Clowak 

I have to say, despite my earlier misgivings about timing and our squad strength, I'm now quite pleased with this.
I've concluded there is never a bad time to get rid of a weak link. I've convinced myself in the past that he may be useful in this league, but as has been pointed out by several posters, we've been waiting 6 seasons for him to come good and develop into the player we had hoped.

It's not happened. £5 million is a good fee for him in all reality. I do worry that our scouting system is so poor we'll have to rely on RDM alone to come up with a better replacement though.

I'm hoping this goes through now.

15 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Would rather Lescott, Richards or Okore have gone. Preferably all of them.

I think just about everyone would have kept Clark ahead of the first two, but ultimately it seems he wants to go for whatever reason. 

I'm just relieved that he won't be in our starting line up.

• Like 3

Even better than selling this twerp....the reaction of Newcastle fans is really odd. They are acting as we are all up in arms at the release fee being met. We aren't. I haven't seen one angry Villa fan. In fact most including myself are delighted.

They will get a shock when they see the worst defender from last year's worst defence actually play!

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Even better than selling this twerp....the reaction of Newcastle fans is really odd. They are acting as we are all up in arms at the release fee being met. We aren't. I haven't seen one angry Villa fan. In fact most including myself are delighted.

They will get a shock when they see the worst defender from last year's worst defence actually play!

agree with the sentiment but he has competition for the title you have bestowed upon him.  Mr Richards and Mr Lescott say hi

15 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

It's interesting to me because they seem to be flip-flopping when you press them on the matter.

Firstly they revel in the fact they're signing him.  Then when they see our borderline delirious reaction to getting shot, they almost universally respond with 'yeah well he won't start, he'll be 4th choice'.  So you're delighted to have him but you don't want him near your side?  All that's left from that is the fact they're delighted that they're nicking him from us.  The problem is so are we :D 

• Like 2

He could have been a great player for us but unfortunate his learning was during out worst years for defenders.

If he could have say played alongside a McGrath or a Laurson I think he would have developed into a Good Solid Player.

Ugo was able to learn histrade alongside McGrath/ Teale and Barry alongside McGrath and Southgate.  Makes a big difference.

Our Academy does a good job of developing and producing promising players.  What Villa have been bad at is integrating these players and developing them into First Team regulars.

BUT

5 million will go along way for paying for our Academy and we can hope we do better next time

• Like 2

Â