Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

Off topic a little, but there are definately a few refs that would have given that as a foul, if not a yellow.

^Agreed.

Fair play to the Leicester player for not making more of it. He looked shocked more than anything!

I reckon if we were playing a top 6 club he'd have been sent off just like Gabby and Benteke were.

Playing great btw.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my clan he has been nicknamed Everyday Ciaran. Because no matter what you throw at him he is winning it, all day - every day.

I don't know if we truly realise just how good he has been. In truth I've yet to see their goal, I couldn't watch at the time, with that caveat in mind that was the best Villa centre half display I've seen since Dunne in the same fixture 3 years ago.

He needs to be captain imo, shows so much passion and leads from the back

Agree with this.

Who was our captain yesterday in the absence of Vlaar? If Agbonlahor, who was it when he was substituted?

Last season I had hoped to never see either of the chuckle bros again but not anymore. Baker when fit has played well but Clark has been a rock this season and as bad as we have been he has stood up everytime.

Without him this season it would have been much worse, respect to KC.

He needs to be captain imo, shows so much passion and leads from the back

Agree with this.

Who was our captain yesterday in the absence of Vlaar? If Agbonlahor, who was it when he was substituted?

Delph was captain from start to finish, which I'm happy with to be honest. I reckon Delph is more of a player that everybody looks up to in that way, but Clark's leadership at the back is also vital. Nice to have more than one leader in the team.

• Like 1

I would say a contender for most improved player of the season.

Contender? He has it sewn up. He was dire at that start of the season but his improvement has been huge. He's been our best CB this season.

Last season I had hoped to never see either of the chuckle bros again but not anymore. Baker when fit has played well but Clark has been a rock this season and as bad as we have been he has stood up everytime.

Without him this season it would have been much worse, respect to KC.

Who's KC?

Ciaran Clark 24 and 107 appearances

Nathan Baker 23 and 107 appearances

Not bad for age and experience as cover which may help them. Full time first team players they are not

Not many clubs would have players of that youth and experience as squad players.

But they have that experience through necessity rather than having earned it and it shows.

Now though they can be used as cover, instead of having the weight of the villan world on their young shoulders. They could both benefit from this and being introduced into a back four unit that is working nicely will help them. Really don't like all the chuckle brother stick they've been getting as a pair, they can become good assets still IMHO.

They can and I have no real issue with that but the point I was making is that their number of appearances is the result of circumstance rather than ability, they are therefore not really plus points for the two of them.

Yes they may well be useful squad players and for making the odd appearance but beyond that I don't really see a future for them at the club.

I honestly believe if Clark was to get a chance this season we would all start to sing his praises again. He got no support last season from the rubbish we were forced to play. If you are constantly being bombarded with crosses from both wings and players constantly running at you down the middle like last season then no young CB would stand a chance.

Turning out to be the player i always argued on here he was.

Turning out to be the player i always argued on here he was.

You're a better judge than me. I used to think defensive midfielder was a better position for him.

That game against Arsenal when he scored he looked good there, could still be an option!

Fantastic performance yet again. This is Clark's season going from average to a brilliant player. He deserves all the praise he can get for this season and is shaping up to quite the asset for us.

• Like 3

Just needs the fans to stick with him even if he dips in form, thrives on confidence.

He has easily been our best player over the last two months. We need leaders like him and Delph if we're gonna pull it off. Vlaar or Okore with Clark. I'd way rather sell Vlaar than Clark. Has Cahill potential.

You only have to go back a few pages when I have tared Clark a new one. I just never thought he would make it as a centre half, he's been my player of the season, and I'm not even kidding.

And he's always fit. Unlike our other centre halfs.

One of the biggest developments/turn arounds I've seen for a very long time.

He's gone from being utter turd to a very accomplished player who frankly looks too good for us. He deserves all the credit in the world for showing such desire to improve and frankly, an exceptional amount of resolve and self-belief to become the player he has given things looked over for him at this club not too long ago. 

• Like 1

Â